Chicken Acapulco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philso

Senior Cook
saute a chicken breast and remove to a warm plate. deglaze the pan with a little white wine or brandy. add some cream, 1/2 avocado sliced, a squeeze of lime, and tabasco to taste. return chicken to pan to warm and coat with sauce. place avocado slices on plate, place chicken atop, add rest of sauce, garnish with a little paprika and cilantro.

of course you can use different cuts of chicken and change it up presentation-wise. use chicken tenders and build a little pile with the sliced avocado, or what have you. ;)

philso,
like Alix, saw Avocado and had to see your recipe. I made a copy and will make it soon. Thanks for sharing.
kades:)

as you can likely guess, it's not an authentic mexican recipe, more like a french-ified mexican-esque one. i used to do it as an off-the-menu daily special years ago. and i forgot to mention that you'd want to reduce the cream to a sauce consistency, but given your experience, i'm sure you'd do that without even thinking.

you can make it even more visually appealing by charring and removing the skins off of a red and/or yellow bell pepper, cutting thin strips and using them to garnish the plate.

let me know how you like it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom