How Often Do You Grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How often to do grill?

• Once a week or less.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Two or three times a week.

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Four to six times a week.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Once a day.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than once a day.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FrankZ

Site Team
Staff member
Just curious how often everyone breaks out the grill. I know seasonally things can get weird, I didn't feel like removing the 50 inches of snow we got this past winter (in 4 days). I got fed up after shoveling out to the grill.

Anyways.. I try to get 2 to 3 times in a week. Sometimes it doesn't happen, but usually with meal planning my first instinct is what can I grill?

Also it would be interesting to see if people grill more or less with propane. I always hear how convenient it is, but I usually grill about 20 times to 1 as my neighbors (who all have propane).

Charcoal or wood fire here... probably once a week or more, depending on the weather or if we are camping.

Propane now.
When Old Reliable dies, I will probably get charcoal.
For years, my grill was a portable Coleman gas grill I got free.
You just don't know how happy I was to finally get a real gas grill !

I grill year long, 2 to 4 times a week on propane. I want to buy a char griller barrel cooker with the side box this year if the budget allows. I'd love to get back to charcoal for a change.

I use my gas grill a couple of times a week when it's not winter. In the really cold weather it more like a couple of times a month. There are, after all, a lot more great dishes you can create that are winter appropriate and cooked indoors.

I've gotten lazier than ever in my old age and I know if I had to deal with lighting charcoal every time, I wouldn't grill very much at all. Every once in a while I see a Weber charcoal grill in a store and think how good it would be to have one. However, I come to my senses fairly quickly.

Ugh - I know this is just a personal preference thing, but I could NEVER warm up to a gas grill. To me, gas grilling isn't "grilling"; it's just moving your gas stove outside - lol! What, exactly, is the difference? Zip. You're cooking on a gas stove. Outside. LOL!!

I love to grill and living in florida you can pretty much do it year round... I have to say I probably do it 4-6 times a week,(that sounds a little dirty :ROFLMAO:) it just to damn hot to do things in the oven... :):):)

Ugh - I know this is just a personal preference thing, but I could NEVER warm up to a gas grill. To me, gas grilling isn't "grilling"; it's just moving your gas stove outside - lol! What, exactly, is the difference? Zip. You're cooking on a gas stove. Outside. LOL!!

Using either gas or charcoal as a heat source, you melt fat that drips down onto the hot surfaces below the cooking surface and vaporizes, creating smoke. That smoke passes over the food on its way into the world and flavors the food. Whether you use charcoal or gas doesn't make that much of a difference. I don't know about you but when I cook on a gas stove, I use a pan. LOL!!

Four or five times a year at best for me. I had enough cooking outdoors in Boy Scouts.

I used to grill practically everyday, but nowadays when I come home family is done eating, so when i cook I prefer to cook things that are easily wormed up and grilled foods are not always that great wormed up, like himburger for example, steak is still good even if you put it in microwave, but not hot dogs. I love grilling thou

it is to much trouble to have an outside grill for just myself. so any grilling i do is on my mini george forman. not really grilled but close enough for gov. work. lol

Propane and 2 to 3 x per week. But in my defense, I almost always use some fruit wood or herby thing like rosemary to improve taste a bit. We have rosemary and sage growing right next to the grill so it's easy to remember :)

Once a week or less depending on weather... :) I'm more into using charcoal grills...

Back
Top Bottom