For Chocoholics Only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I've concocted a pretty tasty hot chocolate beverage that you might enjoy.It's kind of a semi-sweet hot chocolate.

Add 3/4 cup water to a microwave safe cup along with 1 square of Hershey's unsweetened bakers chocolate. Bring water to a boil. Stir until the chocolate until dissolve. Add two packages of your favorite cocoa mix and stir until smooth. you can thicken with a bit of cream if you wish. I just drink it straight. The flavor reminds me of chocolate nibs.

Of course you can just add another square of the unsweetened chocolate or cocoa powder if you want a darker flavor. Then add the sweetener of your choice in the amount you desire.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I love hot chocolate. I like it on more chocolaty side though.
You really ARE a chocoholic...lol. She added a square of chocolate to cocoa mix and then said to add another square or cocoa powder if you want it darker. It's only one cup, charlie :LOL: ;)

The recipe sounds delish by the way, goodweed...good one

You really ARE a chocoholic...lol. She added a square of chocolate to cocoa mix and then said to add another square or cocoa powder if you want it darker. It's only one cup, charlie :LOL: ;)

The recipe sounds delish by the way, goodweed...good one

Heh, heh. Goodweed's a he, not a she (No funny comments here, Bucky. I've got my giant snowball throwing sling shot loaded and aimed at your house:ROFLMAO:). And I hope that when you try the recipe, you like it.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

When we were in Barcelona we stopped into a coffee bar (ok, I love the coffee there). Kathleen got a hot chocolate that she said was the best, by far she ever had. It was kind of like bits of melted chocolate suspended in cream, with just enough cream to bind and keep the chocolate moving. I asked if she wanted a second one, it being the best she ever had, and she said she would love one, but didn't think anyone could handle two of those, it being so rich.

I did take a taste and it was pretty amazing.

I do not like instant cocoa, but have not been able to find one that is not, don't forget my shopping abilities are very limited. I used to love cocoa when my mom would make like a whole pot for sunday morning and then I would have the leftovers cold, super yum.

Spicy Hot Chocolate

Make your favorite recipe and while heating the milk or water add in 1/4 tsp of chipotle or chili powder. More or less as you desire for level of spicy hot. Heaven, I tried the OP's recipe and it was good, second time I added the chipotle...I was in heaven!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom