Just joined

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

breadmantalking

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone:

I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I am an amateur baker who is going through the process of becoming professional. I especially like baking bread but not only. Very relaxing at the end of the day, and it fills the house with a wonderful aroma!! Also, like to cook. Mostly use fresh ingredients as I try to stay away from processed food. It is more satisfying and definitely healthier, too. I am looking forward to learning a lot and to asking some questions, or just contributing.
Hope to hear from you soon.
All the best,

breadmantalking :chef:

Just went to your blog and found my way to your focaccia recipe/method. I made (attempted) focaccia a few day ago, but it came out so dry and a wee bit hard. The recipe I had did not call for brushing it with olive oil. So maybe that's why?

dry focaccia

As with all breads you should let the dough be your guide. Even if you measure the ingredients accurately, there are other variables. Like oven temperature or even your altitude. Brushing the bread with olive oil will definitely help keep the bread from drying out. In any event, before baking the dough, only slightly risen, will feel a little tacky (not sticky). Try brushing with oil before baking, or, if you want a nice soft bread (good for soaking up all kinds of sauces, gravies etc.) brush with oil as soon as it comes out of the oven. Also, focaccia is thin, so after it cools, store it or it dries out. Usually, in my house it just disappears, so that is not an issue!!

Hope this helps,
David at: www.breadmantalking.blogspot.com:smile:

as the username suggests

I love baking, especially bread. I also cook. I am trying to perfect my whole wheat bread (so far unsuccessfully). I mean the kind with no white flour. It just seems to crumble. When I combine flours it's fine. Any ideas?
:chef:
David at:
breadmantalking.blogspot.com

I love baking, especially bread. I also cook. I am trying to perfect my whole wheat bread (so far unsuccessfully). I mean the kind with no white flour. It just seems to crumble. When I combine flours it's fine. Any ideas?
:chef:
David at:
breadmantalking.blogspot.com

DH (Dear Husband) is a professional baker. He says you need the white flour (can be unbleached) as the gluten that holds the bread together. I agree with him, although I'm just an at home baker.

Back
Top Bottom