Pork shoulder question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
I always forget these kind of things and I think I did a goof. : (.

I bought a bone IN smoked and brined pork shoulder from a local farm.
It's about 4.5 lbs. Next Sunday I want to cook this for fathers day. I think there will be approximately 8 adults there.

Did I end up buying enough?

I'm not an expert on that kind of thing, but I would say no, unless you find a way to extend it. What about making scalloped potatoes with cubed ham in it? Or cubed ham in macaroni and cheese? Or slice it really thin for sandwiches along with potato salad, etc.?

:)Barbara

If you cook it enough so you can shred it,and serve on a bun about the size of a burger it should work, then have a mac or potato salad or both,sliced tomatos and cucumbers some beans or acratch the mac salad and make a large mac and cheese Oh and pass bbq sauce to go over the pork sandwiches I'd suggest getting a platter and set up already filled buns, it saves on people over filling with the meat and then leaving it and shorting someone else.
kadesma

If you cook it enough so you can shred it,and serve on a bun about the size of a burger it should work, then have a mac or potato salad or both,sliced tomatos and cucumbers some beans or acratch the mac salad and make a large mac and cheese Oh and pass bbq sauce to go over the pork sandwiches I'd suggest getting a platter and set up already filled buns, it saves on people over filling with the meat and then leaving it and shorting someone else.
kadesma
Oh my gosh, you brought back memories of the episode of The Mary Tyler Moore Show where she was having a small dinner party. SueAnn cooked the dinner and there was just exactly enough of the main dish for each person. Someone brought an uninvited guest and that guest put half of the food on his plate. Mary had to whisper to him that he had taken half of it, and he had to put it back, trying to act as nonchalant as possible. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Oh my goodness, I love Mary Tyler Moore!!!

Ya I'm not sure what is going on yet - might end up being 6 adults instead of 8 and there is even a possibility that it will only be 5 adults. Long Story. I'll know more as the week ends.

Mary

Oh my goodness, I love Mary Tyler Moore!!!

Ya I'm not sure what is going on yet - might end up being 6 adults instead of 8 and there is even a possibility that it will only be 5 adults. Long Story. I'll know more as the week ends.

Mary
If you are really rude this week maybe you can get the guest list down to 3! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: (Obviously I wouldn't recommend that approach!).

On the subject of the shoulder I bought - I reallllly!! want to try this recipe from a local farmer. See recipe link below. Any opinions is appreciated as it doesn't say anything about what kind of pork shoulder to buy. I actually talked to the owner in person and she said it was fall off the bone meat when it's done. My pork came bone IN smoked and brined

Field to Fork Farm - Recipes and Books

I'm not too worried about less people because I can just have leftovers.

More worried about the most amount of adults.

Back
Top Bottom