"Virtual" Ice Cream Social

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Okay all, as the heat starts to hit all of us.. we need a good old fashion ice cream social.

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Favorite topping?

Anyone have any memories of going to ice cream socials?

Me: Vanilla with hot fudge, whipped cream, nuts and a cherry...traditional sundae. We used to have ice cream socials every summer at my grade school put on my the park department. The school had a huge play ground, play field and a swimming pool.

Dave
I like what you suggested but I'll try something different I'd like one scoop of each chocolate,strawberry, vanilla with chocolate syrup,a big banana, whipped cream, nuts and a cherry on top...
kades

I use to get this ice cream at a place called Larry's. It was coffee ice cream with cinnamon crunch strusel ribboned throughout in a wonderful waffle come. My DH and I use to go there in the evenings and go walk on the beach.

OK, I'm going to have a banana split. One banana, cut in half, two scoops of chocolate ice cream, large amounts of caramel goo poured over top, hot fudge poured over that, and then a handful of peanut M&Ms to top it all off.

I think I'll just sit here on the deck, kadesma on one side and Dave on the other, scarfing my sundae. Enjoying the summer sun you guys? Mmmmmmm this sundae ROCKS!

no ice cream socials but home made ice cream on my grandmas porch in rodgersville ala. usually peach or strawberry all grown on the farm. never had any as good since. i do love a really rich vanilla ice cream with hot fudge, hold the nuts and topped with whipped cream. don't even need the cherry on top. grandmas was made with old fashioned crank. when temp is 104 ice cream is heaven.

We have a restaurant here that has a banana split special one night a week, bring your own banana and you get the rest of the split for cheap!!

When I was growing up, hot fudge sundaes were a special treat.

I'll have a hot fudge sundae with coffee ice cream, whipped cream and nuts. I'll just sit here on the deck if someone will help me up later.

Oooo! Andy, here's your coffee ice cream with whipped cream...what kind of nuts would you like? I have pecans, walnuts and peanuts.

Wyogal, bring that banana up to our deck and we'll throw together the best virtual sundae you can imagine.

babetoo, is it really 104 there? Whew!

Oooo! Andy, here's your coffee ice cream with whipped cream...what kind of nuts would you like? I have pecans, walnuts and peanuts.

Wyogal, bring that banana up to our deck and we'll throw together the best virtual sundae you can imagine.

babetoo, is it really 104 there? Whew!

sorry i did jump around on this thread. i meant to say 104 on grannys porch in ala. in the summer. the farm is gone now. my grandma is deceased. it it just a lovely memory. she even had a swing on the porch. all the aunts and uncles lived on the farm in separate houses. my sis and i were there to avoid the big city crowds because of polio. really dates me huh. ;);)

This is shaping up to be lots of fun I'll brig some pecans that I've candied and some chocolate covered cones...Get ready Dave so far you're out numbered:ROFLMAO:
Women rock kades

let's see, my favorite ice cream is..butter brickle and mint chocolate chip and vanilla and chocolate and rocky road and sherbet..

never went to an ice cream social, but have many fond memories of the family going Christmas shopping at the downtown Lazarus department store in Columbus Ohio and having their pecan balls...vanilla ice cream rolled in roasted pecans and covered with a fudge sauce:)

Don't know what prompted it but I was just remebering an ice cream that the little local dairy store had when I was growing up, it was called Blue Hawaiian. I don't remember what was in it, I must have been like 7 or 8, but it was this great blue color.

OOOOO!! I'll bring brownies and M&Ms...warm brownies with cold ice cream on top are to die for yummy!

OOOOO!! I'll bring brownies and M&Ms...warm brownies with cold ice cream on top are to die for yummy!

Alix you are playing with my emotions now.... YUMMMMMY.... Warm oooey gooey brownies.... Can I make homemade vanilla sugar whipped cream too... :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

OMG! Now YOU are playing with me! I figure since this is "virtual" we can do anything we want to do. So yep! I want me some of that vanilla sugar whipped cream! I think I also want to pour some caramel Bailey's over my sundae. Mmmmmmmmmmm!

Ooooo can I come, i'll bring some french vanilla icecream, caramel sauce, and toffee pieces.... :):):)
love toffee bits so good on vanilla ice cream...I'm going to try making some lavender ice cream...hoping it's lucious
kades

WalMart has Bryers for $1.89 a "half-gallon" so I have on hand vanilla, chocolate, coffee, fried ice cream, mint chocolate chip, grasshopper pie, strawberry, and peach and I have the perfect spot for the social....

Attachments

• yard_01.jpg
    yard_01.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 165
  • yard_02.jpg
    yard_02.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 147
  • yard_03.jpg
    yard_03.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 144
  • yard_04.jpg
    yard_04.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 164
  • yard_05.jpg
    yard_05.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
OK if we are airing our secret stashes of ice cream I'll put my list up here.

4L vanilla
4L chocolate
2L Lifesavers
2L Rolo
2L Maple Walnut
2L Chocolate extreme
1 bottle chocolate syrup
1 bottle caramel syrup
various sprinkles

Can you tell there are some ice cream addicts in my house?

Back
Top Bottom