Pineapple Habanero Pork/introducing myself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Futz Brown

Assistant Cook
Hello everybody! My name is Futz and I'm 18. I've always liked to cook and eat, but recently I've started cooking more often and more passionately and have been considering enrolling in a culinary school. I don't have any training or real experience, but I like to think I can cook pretty well.

Now, my real question is regarding an idea for a dish I plan to prepare in the next few days. I've thought about doing a spicy and sweet pineapple habanero glaze or marinade on some cut of pork and grilling it. I was thinking tenderloin, but that's only because it's the only cut of pork I have a lot of experience with, so that's an area I need advice on.

The other area I'm having trouble with and have always had trouble with is in the area of sides. I never know what to make and frequently turn to finding something in a box, but that's not at all what I'd like to do here. I'm looking for something with vegetables and carbohydrates that maybe is a little mellow, because I would like my pork to be very bold.

Thanks so much for any help, and any advice would be great.

I think a nice Israeli couscous would go well with the pork. For veggies maybe some grilled or roasted asparagus.

Welcome to the site!

Back
Top Bottom