Dinner July 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We are having cracked marinated crab, grilled shrimp, a baby lettuce salad with garden herbs,tomatoes and onion. lots of Italian bread and butter and simple pasta with parmesan and butter. Dessert just ice cream. What are your plans?

kades:)

Last edited:
I still have a pile of grilled veggies to use up so I am thinking a grilled veggie salad with grilled prawn skewers and rice or potato.

mixed red lettuce and curly endive salad with warm garlic shrimp, mushroom, and tarragon dressing; halibut poached in Thai green curry over green coriander rice; fresh ripe peaches over local creamery ice cream!

8.gif

I'm not sure. I think breakfast for dinner, but that doesn't sound
good to me. Maybe I will make that for Mark, then make something
else for myself.

have chicken thigh thawed. might do that on george forman grill. going to store for several things . maybe something will strike me there. hot again so not to interested in heating up the kitchen for any reason.

Bought Julia's Mastering the Art of French Cooking a week ago. First time cooking from it.

Poached sole, topped with a bit of steamed lobster and a sauce veloute.

Very cool process, the lobster is steamed in a mirapoix seasoned broth, which then becomes the poaching liquid, which then becomes the base for the sauce veloute. Ridiculously rich, lots of butter.

Risotto and broccolini as sides.

Steak, potatoes, giant salad. We were in a hurry tonight and that was fast. After all my other food stuff I kinda forgot about dinner!

Mark and I went to a movie. I ended up making BLT's with cottage cheese on the side. Later, it's sugar-free choc. ice cream (for Mark) and key lime sherbet (for me).

Toaster Ovens

Wow! So many of you fix such nice healthy meals. I usually want to eat healthy but sometimes decide to just go crazy. I mixed up some brownie batter without the egg and ate a lot raw. One of those chocolate pig out times.

Back
Top Bottom