What's for dinner July 25?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Ma's Sunday:LOL: Today we are having Italian sausages grilled, buns top the sausage with fried cubanelle peppers. Ranch beans a platter of sliced tomatoes and avocados.We are also having Strawberry bruschetta first and deviled eggs with capers. Dessert is simply Snow cones for the kids and cheese and fruit for the big kids. What are you having this Sunday?
kades

I'm hoping I will be able to grill some steaks tonight. Right now it is 99 degrees but I'm hoping by 6:00 it will be cool enough in the shade to be outdoors.

as an appetizer with drinks before dinner, some shrimp ceviche on toasted baguette slices.

Dinner will be Asian marinated flank steak cooked over hickory charcoal.

Something with chicken leg quarters. They were 47 cents/lb! I figured I would grill them with an asian marinade or cook them in a saute pan on the stove in bbq sauce.

Steakummm philly cheese steak style sandwiches and fries, with a tomato cucumber salad.

I'm hoping I will be able to grill some steaks tonight. Right now it is 99 degrees but I'm hoping by 6:00 it will be cool enough in the shade to be outdoors.

It is now 104 degrees....hmmmm..maybe I miscalculated this one.....

It's 102 here and we are having a BBQ with a dozen folks invited... here's what we're having:

BBQ ribs
Coleslaw
Grilled polenta w/sage butter
Devilish eggs (deviled eggs with curry, capers and cilantro)
Citrus, palm heart salad
Dessert: banana, toasted macadamia, ginger ice-cream w/ 2 sauces. Pineapple or rum raisin. gaufrettes.

Iced tea
Orangina
IPA
Zinfandel (Local, very dry red)

Salmon with Caramelized Fish Sauce

dsc_00012.jpg

a pasta dish i got from cooking channel. has tagliatelle pasta, peas, in sauce with heavy cream and white wine. parm to finish it.

ate a very late lunch, decided on spinach with sesame seeds and the corn pancakes from leftover batter. don't know if i should add a bit of baking pwd. to batter. will do a teeny one and see how it works, much lighter that my original plan. :chef:

Cooked a few Tri Tips on the rotisserie. Decided on sammiches for dinner. The rest meet Mr Smokey first thing in the morning.

img_910471_0_f59fa3b8d8619c5d598d6c6657ca6492.jpg

Munky.

Back
Top Bottom