Thank you for welcoming me into this community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zfranca

Senior Cook
As I timidly stepped my foot into the door with a short introduction, I would like to add some more information about myself.
I was a chef-owner for 12 years, the best and most productive years of my life. So I thought….
The restaurant was my life and my home. I loved it so much that I could hardly wait to run down the stairs into the cool and clean kitchen, every morning, after breakfast and exercise with my husband (we have no children). Opening to the public at 6: PM gave me all the afternoon to prepare the foods necessary to please my limited number of customers.
I pleased their palate, their sight and their spirit. I usually referred to my charming place as the little rose in desert.
To maintain its beauty and fragrance it required much care and attention. As it grew, it required more and more time and dedication. Many times, my husband had to interrupt his demanding metal engraving work to come at my rescue.
Emergencies were occurring more often than usual. It was a difficult but necessary action to cut the stem of the delicate flower. Franca’s Italian Dining does no longer exist but the little rose in the desert will remain beautiful for ever, to the people who dined there.
In 2001 my husband and I made the final decision to close doors and move to Zihuatanejo (Southern Pacific coast of Mexico), where we had spent time vacationing years earlier.
It was not easy to gear up to a new life style but it was exciting. I discovered new interests and maintained my passion for cooking at the same time. I have learned to operate a computer, a machete, to surf-fish, to cook with chiles, to play chess, a new language, and had enough time to write my memoir/cookbook.
I offer cooking classes, mainly to children; I get big smiles every time they come. What a great reward…
I have a wonderful open home and I live outdoors most of the time. I am savoring the luxury of uncomplicated living.
These are the best and most productive years of my life, and I like to share them with people who love good food and good life.
I would like to send an invitation to any of you who are longing for a tropical vacation with a gourmet kitchen attached.
Thank you for reading and have a delicious day.

Attachments

• DSCN1266.jpg
    DSCN1266.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 195
  • Nine year old Claudia.jpg
    Nine year old Claudia.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 194
Hello zfranca :)
I can see through what you've written that you are a really strong and nice person, I hope you enjoy yourself at DC

Welcome :)

Wow, you live in paradise mentioned in The Shawshank Redemption movie. That's so cool! Welcome to DC.

What an interesting background, and thanks so much for sharing. You will certainly be an asset to DC and we are most pleased you have joined us. Most of all, have fun, and welcome. :flowers:

I like to conclude my introduction with this beautiful intaglio print from an 4x8 inch steel plate that my husband Joseph hand engraved for me, many years ago.

Attachments

• DSCN1240.jpg
    DSCN1240.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Thank you for that link, zfranca!
And what a beautiful photo of you on the sun terrace!
When I get some vacation time from work I'd love to come!
I'll let you know in advance so you can stock up on Margaritas...

:ROFLMAO: <<< that's me after I've had half a glass.

You sure you still want me? :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom