What goes good with baked chicken?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have lots of nice choices, here's some that would go well.
Roast baby spuds, or baked sweet potatoes or yams instead.
Sauteed mushrooms with a little garlic and red wine.
Roasted asparagus vinaigrette
Cauliflower cheese or plain roasted cauliflower with a little melted butter
All above suggestions made assuming that despite the fried rice, you're making 'western', not oriental chicken.

Baked brussels sprouts with garlic and shallots. Trim, cut in half put in foil with olive oil, s&p, minced garlic and shallots. Bake while baking chicken...you'll be able to smell when they are done.

You have lots of nice choices, here's some that would go well.
Roast baby spuds, or baked sweet potatoes or yams instead.
Sauteed mushrooms with a little garlic and red wine.
Roasted asparagus vinaigrette
Cauliflower cheese or plain roasted cauliflower with a little melted butter
All above suggestions made assuming that despite the fried rice, you're making 'western', not oriental chicken.

I should've been more specific...it is Asian fried rice and baked chicken marinated with Thai spices.

I'm late sorry but I love sauteed baby boc choy drizzled with rice vinegar or butter it's wonderful grilled as well.
kadesma

Last edited:
Okay, back to the drawing board!
Some side dishes I like with thai grub are, pad thai, stir fried mixed veggies, crispy noodles, candied yam and the Thai version of a cucumber salad.
Hope you let us know what you wind up with.

Baked potatoes slow cooked in the oven. Or better still, slow cooked wrapped in aluminium foil, dug out of ash from a bonfire long since gone.

Steamed veg: brocolli, garden peas, broad beans; dwarf beans, even. And runners. All so much the nicer when picked from the garden.

An Asian quick pickled cuccumber. I just discovered Persian cuccumbers which work great.

Craig

Couscous made with chicken broth and various acoutrements ( that is to say, some dried fruit of your choice, pine nuts or pistachios, herbs, etc). A cucumber salad made with yogurt!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom