Whats cooking 7/31/10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Going to a family BBQ today, so no cooking for me, but I will bring a blueberry cobbler for dessert. Happy weekend everyone!

Not too sure yet - it is scorching hot here at 8:30 am. DH is on nightshift so wants a breakfasty type meal and Dad is eating very little and light so I am thinking something revolving around hard boiled eggs....LOL, I know that is a strange main, but it is the only thing I can think of that fits all the criteria! :LOL:

Not too sure yet - it is scorching hot here at 8:30 am. DH is on nightshift so wants a breakfasty type meal and Dad is eating very little and light so I am thinking something revolving around hard boiled eggs....LOL, I know that is a strange main, but it is the only thing I can think of that fits all the criteria! :LOL:
potatoes (homefries maybe), bacon and hard boiled egss w/ toast for hub and bacon and egg salad on toast for dad? Its been awhile since I have been here is all getting back to normal for your family LP?

Scorching hot LP? Its a lovely 21 here in Victoria with a beautiful breeze. Come on across the inlet for a visit!

I'll be at the ball diamonds most of the afternoon and early evening. No clue what I'll eat for dinner but either a ballpark burger/hot dog, or I'll wait and have something take out around here.

The cool thing for me is that our hotel is right next to a Costco! I slipped over and bought muffins and juice and a bunch of other stuff for breakfasts etc. Thats better than restaurant food every meal!

Thanks, Ms M for the ideas. We have some delicious Alderwood smoked bacon I picked up at Costco the other day so those sound great. Dad can't have the toast so I will use fresh crustless bread, but he will enjoy the salad. I will PM you the answer to your other question.

Scorching hot LP? Its a lovely 21 here in Victoria with a beautiful breeze. Come on across the inlet for a visit!

I'll be at the ball diamonds most of the afternoon and early evening. No clue what I'll eat for dinner but either a ballpark burger/hot dog, or I'll wait and have something take out around here.

The cool thing for me is that our hotel is right next to a Costco! I slipped over and bought muffins and juice and a bunch of other stuff for breakfasts etc. Thats better than restaurant food every meal!
YUP!! Vacation food tends to be over priced garbage!! And the good food is obscenely expensive!! I try to get hotels/motels with fridge/micros and a close store. I love coming home to cook!! This trip we found one Best Western that had a BBQ for guests to use at no charge!! Just supply your own coal etc and food. Enjoy your outing Alix!!

Alix, I put some restaurant suggestions in your other thread. Oh, don't tempt me! I could have come over with my best friend and her son and then gone on with her for a ladies get-together on Mayne Island for a few days but I can't leave Dad right now.

Have a great time!

roast pork loin, roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding, carrots, peas and broccoli. PLenty of gravy as well.

really looking forward to it

I have family and friends coming over this evening so I'll be doing 2 racks of baby back ribs, 2 racks of beef back ribs, 1 tri-tip, chicken wings, corn, baked potatoes, and 2 loaves of banana bread. They'll all be thrown in the outdoor wood oven.

broccoli and pork stir fry . i have cooked pork country ribs, would add at last minute to just heat up and be covered with the sauce. of course cooked rice in the stir fry. strawberries for dessert.

We had deferred a ham steak dinner earlier in the week. So tonight we are having ham steak, cole slaw and corn on the cob.

Something easy. Really tired today.
Been wanting Spanish tortillas for a while. It's simple and a one skillet dinner. Can't beat that.

Munky.

I got a very nice surprise. Our grandaughter came by for a visit and brought flowers and dinner. We had a very nice time and will enjoy the dinner too. She brought pulled pork and macaroni and cheese.

I feel like experimenting today. I think I will make a pot of soup with: Chirizo, Veg.Broth, Mexican Oregano, Onions, Bell Peppers, Hominy, Tomatoes, Garlic, Green Chilies, Cumin, Ancho Chili Powder and maybe a can of Pinto Beans. I like my soup thick, more like a meal rather then "food swimming around in flavored water". Jalapeno Corn Bread.

Getting ready for Ma's Sunday tomorrow. Big pot of beans, quick chili Verde, tortillas, sliced tomatoes, fried peppers, chips and salsa, So tonight we irrigate and dinner is get it yourself:LOL: DH is having a baby pizza, me just sausage and toast. Now I gotta go make a rustic apple tart. for tomorrow
kades

Linguine topped with meat and mushroom sauce (ground beef browned with olive oil, chopped onion, minced garlic, chopped fresh mushroom caps, dried porcini mushroom powder, fresh basil, fresh oregano, sea salt, ground peppercorn blend, thyme, rosemary, ground red pepper flakes, tomato puree, tomato paste, pinch sugar, pinch each beef and chicken bouillon powder and burgundy wine) and fresh grated parmesan and romano cheeses. Tomato and mozzarella salad (chopped tomato, cubed mozzarella, fresh onion, fresh garlic clove mashed with salt to paste, ground pepper, fresh basil, fresh oregano, olive oil and red wine vinegar) on the side.

img_911627_0_76190bb910f0fd3f405fdd2b6e4055fe.jpg

Back
Top Bottom