Dinner Monday, August 2nd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
'kay, this being 5-ish in the morning, i'm already considering dinner. :)
a cheeseburger, from mcD's, double onion, pickles, kep-utch, mustard.
or scrambled egg sammich that i'd make myself.

Last edited:
we've got friends coming over for dinner and euchre; fixing some kind of baked chicken, boiled new potatoes, cucumbers (theirs) in sour cream, cuckes and tomato (ours) salad; carrot cake for the boys, brownies and vanilla ice cream for the girls:)

dh usually can not eat late in the day anymore, so he may get nuts and crackers to munch on through out the evening..

Not really sure yet. All of us have colds (not good with Dad's health situation) and do not feel much like eating but have to (specially Dad). I am thinking that even though it is the middle of summer, I might just get some soup going....in the crockpot!

Beth, your dinner sounds wonderful.

I'm making that "oh so comforting" but "oh so bad" for you casserol of ground beef, egg noodles, mushrooms, and Cream-of-Mushroom soup.

Oh, Dave you are breaking my heart. I LOVE that casserole, but Dad won't eat anything with mushrooms in it. We even tried to fool him in the hospital so he would get some variety but he could still tell they were there.

Mix noodles and gound beef, divide in half. Add sliced fresh mushrooms and CoM soup to one half, add diced celery and CoCelery soup to the other. Bake in separate dishes.

Not really sure yet. All of us have colds (not good with Dad's health situation) and do not feel much like eating but have to (specially Dad). I am thinking that even though it is the middle of summer, I might just get some soup going....in the crockpot!

Beth, your dinner sounds wonderful.

Thanks Laurie!

forgot to mention that I also have raising, a loaf of ww bread for dinner too. I have what looks like 3 (?) bone in skin on chicken breasts weighing 3 pounds:ohmy:. I plan to cut the meat off the bone and soak the pieces in buttermilk. Then cook the bones and can up some broth, probably tomorrow.

Hope your family gets well soon Laurie..

well, surprise:LOL:, it looks like I have one whole, natural (?), cut up chicken, guess it would have paid to read the label:blink:. So I deboned the breasts and thighs, and hope no one eats the legs so I can toss them in the brew tomorrow..

Got up early put on a roast beef, it is now resting and I'll slice it later, make some gravy and we will have roast beef sammies with gravy, a salad of sliced tomatoes,cucumbers, avocado and sweet onions. Roasted asparagus wrapped in proscuitto and topped with parmeasan.Fruit and cheese for dessert later.
kades:)

I'm making that "oh so comforting" but "oh so bad" for you casserol of ground beef, egg noodles, mushrooms, and Cream-of-Mushroom soup.

I make this with diced potatoes instead of noodles and add peas and corn to the mix. It was a very popular dish when I was a Boy Scout. We called it "glop".

However, tonight's dinner will be brats on the grill.

Pan fried pork chop, pork gravy made in the pan with drippings, sweet potato (with butter, Splenda brown sugar, sugar free maple syrup and ground cinnamon) and French style green beans (sautéed in butter with toasted slivered almonds, onions, sliced mushrooms, dried porcini mushroom powder, sea salt and ground pepper).

img_912081_0_09e136089ee479d09707cf5a8803881a.jpg

I had my soup that I was going to make the other day. Its was really good. The Chorizo gave it a good flavor, but I didn't like the taste of the sausage. I just ate around it. I also made "Diane's Corn Bread" from this site.

Well, I didn't get the soup on and DH offered to cook so we ended up having pizza - frozen crusts (gluten free for him and a really nice uncooked already shaped dough for Dad and I) and ham and pineapple toppings. They were quite good....even though only "semi-homemade" they were extra special because someone else made them! :):heart:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom