Ranger Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norgeskog

Washing Up
I loved this cookies as a child, especially when I came home from school and could smell them before I even got into the house. Still love them.

LONE RANGER COOKIES

1 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs, well beaten
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups toasted oatmeal
2 cups cereal, cornflakes, rice crispies, or cheerio's broken a little
coconut shreaded (I usually toast it)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, or other preferred nut

Cream butter with sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Sift flour (i never sift this stuff, merely lightly run a whisk through it) with baking powder, salt and baking soda and blend into creamed mixture. Add vanilla, cereals, cocnut and nduts and mix just until blended. Drop by teaspoonfulls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350-375 8-10 minutes. Yield 6 doz

Alix said:
Why ranger cookies? Do forest rangers make them?

Yes Alix, but only RCMP are allowed these. :P Did I tell you my cousin was in the RCMP before he finished college and became an attorney????

These were originally called Lone Ranger Cookies and I have no clue why, no idea where the name originated. Perhaps on a range because of the oatmeal, rice and corn ingredients??? Anyone know?

mudbug said:
maybe promoted by cereal companies that advertised on the Lone Ranger TV show.

mudbug that could be very possible. I did watch that show as a kid and it was probably on the back of one of the cereals used in teh recipe. Good thinking mudbug.

Back
Top Bottom