Peeling garlic success

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blissful

Master Chef
Finally after searching for weeks, I found out how to peel garlic without slightly smashing it, so I could make some pickled garlic.

Boil water, clean garlic cloves under running water removing excess papers and stems and roots. Put the cloves in the boiling water for 1 and 1/2 minutes to 2 minutes, then into cold water (or ice bath). Peel from the non-root end, the paper skin peels off as wells as the root end, the cloves are beautiful. We are talking about picture perfect.

I tested this last night when I was making another batch of fermented pickles, the garlic turned out wonderful. Just thought I'd share. Now I'm ready to clean up a few quarts of cloves for pickled garlic, which I've tasted, it's great, and I'm looking forward to having it around!

Princess, ME TOO!

I was gifted with an amazon gift certificate this year, ordered some olives, all kinds in a bag with garlic-the garlic was pickled, and there was olive oil in the mix. It was amazing.

I'm just thinking of pickling it in a salt and vinegar solution, later mixing it with cured olives when it's time to eat. Love that stuff.

I picked up a jar of pickled garlic infused with lemon. Have been trying to perfect my own since.

Back
Top Bottom