Forschner knives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RosCoe

Assistant Cook
I came here when I got interested in getting some quality knives. I finally bought three Global knifes and I love them. Then a few months ago I was watching Americas Test Kitchen and they were touting Forschner Victorinox knives. I bought a boning knife was amazed at how well it worked. I liked it so much I bought five more for my mom and sisters and two friends. They also were amazed at how sharp they were and how well the handles gripped. I would suggest that anyone on a budget (or not) check them out if they need a quality knife at a rock bottom price.

Overall they are fine knives for the price. I'm not blown away by their edge retention when used in a pro kitchen but they're very easy to resharpen. Although most of my knives are Japanese I still keep a Forshner Fibrox boning knife in the knife case I take to work.

I learned the hard way, "don't take my fine knives on the road"

I have a set of Forschner for the price of one of my others! They are excellent and if some mishap happens, it is much less of a big deal :)

I learned the hard way, "don't take my fine knives on the road"

I have a set of Forschner for the price of one of my others! They are excellent and if some mishap happens, it is much less of a big deal :)

A wise policy. I take some mid-priced knives to work with me ($200 or so each, tops) but I know the guys pretty well. And I sharpen for the crew so no one wants to get on my bad side.:ROFLMAO: But I will say my more expensive stuff stays at home.

Back
Top Bottom