Cod with Parma Ham

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kyles

Head Chef
I made this tonight for dinner, just out of my head, it was very nice if I do say so myself.

Cod with Parma Ham

For the fish:

I medium piece cod cut in half width ways (mine was a 200gram piece)
4 slices parma ham or prosciutto
Black pepper

Pepper the fish according to taste. Wrap securely in the parma ham, no need to secure with a toothpick or anything, it holds fast. Place fish in pre heated moderate oven (180 degrees celsius) for ten minutes

For the accompaniment

handful of button mushrooms thinly sliced
handful cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
one stick celery
one onion
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder (I use marigold)

Pre heat pan, place oil in pan and add the onion and celery, cook until transparent. Add the rest of the vegetables and cook gently until mushrooms are soft. Add the vegetable stock powder mixed into the water and cook until combined and the stock has reduced.

Place the vegetable mix on a plate, top with cod, serve with french fries, boiled new potatoes or good bread.

This only took me 12 minutes start to finish, and dh pronounced it delicious!

You could just use water, and add a little sea salt instead. Or in a pinch chicken or ham stock powder/cubes. My cooking is becoming more creative with my new dietary restrictions. Because I only want a moderate weight loss each week, I can use some of my favourite ingredients in moderation like parma ham.

It's nice that is is so quick to prepare. By the time we get home every day, we end up eating so late sometimes.

:) Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom