Biscuits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think you would be better off baking them, then allow to cool, place them in baggies, and then freeze. I'm not sure how dough would react to freezing in the container. Make sure to get all the air out of the baggie so you dont have freezer burn.

I think not....

Things expand when they freeze, you could have a mess
on your hands.

Cook them first and then freeze. :D

Canned bisquits... my favorite snack.

Btw if you guy's pick up some mongolian fire oil it goes REALLY good with buisquits and all you need is a few drops on each one after they are done baking. The oil is infused with garlic and peppers so it's like having spicy, garliky butter in them.

Lugaru said:
Canned bisquits... my favorite snack.

Btw if you guy's pick up some mongolian fire oil it goes REALLY good with buisquits and all you need is a few drops on each one after they are done baking. The oil is infused with garlic and peppers so it's like having spicy, garliky butter in them.

I wish you had never posted that.....I am now goin to die from biscuit eating.

Most things get smaller as they get colder. Water is the exeption. As a factual point, the water molecule gets smaller as well. But ice is a crystaline structure and creates the expansion we are all so familliar with when water is frozen.

I believe you could put "canned" bisucits in the freezer with little problem as the container is actually cardboard. I'c put the conatiners in plastic freezer bags though. If the water in the bicuits expands so much as to burst the packaging, and I don't think it will, the plastic bag will still protect it from freezer burn. Bread dough is frequently sold as a frozen product.

The leavening agent chemical activites will be slowed by the freezing as well, giving the uncooked product a longer shelf life.

My best advise is to freeze one can of dough and see. Leave it frozen for a good week, then thaw in the fridge overnight and cook up the next day.

Though it seems easier to me to just make up the buicuit dough, without the added milk or water, freeze, and use just as much as you need each time you make bisuits. The dough with no added liquid won't really freeze, and will be ready for use straight out of the freezer.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom