Hello I miss home food!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't believe it can be done. Microwave pizza is always precooked, and all you are doing is essentially reheating it. It doesn't get hot enough to brown the crust or topping. All you would end up with is a soft-dough mess.

Besides using a regular 500+ degree oven, which is the normal method, you can also cook pizza on an outdoor grill, which is something I'm sure you find there. Grilled pizza has a wonderful, smoky flavor, and the crust will get delightfully crunchy. Use a loose fitting aluminum foil cap to warm the toppings while the crust gets crunchy.

I wouldn't think about making a large pizza, but more along the lines of a small, personal pan size pizza, a size needed to fit the small available charcoal grills.

Take care and be blessed.

Last edited:
Welcome to DC, Nicole!! I can just imagine how hungry I'd be for some "home food" too!

I assume you have some kind of cook top, if not an oven. You can easily do a delicious Pizza in a skillet. Here's just one recipe, although many came up with my Google search of "how to make pan fried pizza".
Here ya go......

Country Lore: Crusty Frying-pan Pizza

If you have a patio you can build an adobe pizza oven which can be taken down and demolished easily. Your other alternative is pizza stone over coals on a covered grill.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone.

I took some info from each post. Made the crust by frying it about 80% finished. Nuked the veggies till soft. Used microwave on bake mode (only top gets hot to grill) to get the crust browned. then flipped it over and put on sauce and veggies and browned again then added the cheese and nuked it.

It was editable. MUCH better than rice!:chef:

Thank you everyone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom