Biscuits and gravy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hildasjim

Assistant Cook
I need to know how much gravy I will need to feed 30 people? We are havuing breakfast on Labor day and need some help. Thanks

Assuming everyone gets 2 biscuits I would guess 6 oz of gravy. Understand that this may be a TEXAS portion. The key is determining the serving size per person.

30 x 6 oz = 180 fl oz

or 5.625 quarts.

Assuming everyone gets 2 biscuits I would guess 6 oz of gravy. Understand that this may be a TEXAS portion. The key is determining the serving size per person.

30 x 6 oz = 180 fl oz

or 5.625 quarts.

Nice.:punk:

Figuring a quarter pound of raw sausage per person, for thirty cups of gravy, you will need 7 and a half lbs. sausage, and the same amount of flour. This works out to about two tbs. flour per person, which should give your sufficient roux to make the required amount of gravy. You might want to check my math. I did it in my head, and as we all know, my head isn't always all that accurate. :LOL: That's why I use recipes as a starting point.

If it were me, I'd cook up the sausage and start adding flour, a little at a time, until the roux was thick enough, and slowly whisk in the milk until the gravy was just right. After that, I'd add salt and pepper in the same way, testing after each addition until the seasoning was right.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I think the local resturant puts 2 ladles worth over two split buscuits.

Hmmm I may have to go out for breakfast this weekend.. biscuits and sausage gravy and a big old country fried steak and eggs!!! :pig:

Gotta remember that it's sauce, not "soup" he he he :)

Actually the biscuits are really just the delivery system for the sausage gravy (YUM), like bagels are just the delivery system for the lox and cream cheese. :)

For me, the flavor of light and tender biscuits blends with the rich sausage gravy to make the perfect bite. Both are good on their own, but are better combined. There has to be enough of the gravy and sausage bits to generously coat each bite of biscuit.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom