Chicken Mandarin Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
Chicken Manadarin Salad for 2

1 whole chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces

Place into non-reactive bowl.

Marinade:

1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
1/2 tsp sesame oil

Mix together and pour over raw chicken. Enough cold water to cover. Marinate 2-3 hours in the fridge, covered.

Drain marinade and discard.

Fry drained chicken in 2 tsp peanut oil. Toss with additional sesame oil and 1 tsp of sesame seeds. Chill.

Salad:

3 cups salad greens, any will do
1 14 ounce can bean sprouts, well drained
1 8 ounce can sliced water chestnuts
8 ounces drained mandarin oranges, reserve liquid
Any other chopped raw veg you would like

Toss together and chill.

Dressing:
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup favorite oil
1 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
1/4 cup reserved mandarin liquid
1/4 cup chopped green onions

Mix well and chill.

Assembly:

Divide salad onto two plates, top with chilled chicken and douse with dressing. Use crunchy rice noodles as croutons if you like!

This is an Entree Salad!!!

Oh, my, thanks so much for sharing this! It is better than I even pictured it. I have to pick up chicken breasts anyway and have just about everything else, so I think I will make it for us tomorrow night!

Oh, my, thanks so much for sharing this! It is better than I even pictured it. I have to pick up chicken breasts anyway and have just about everything else, so I think I will make it for us tomorrow night!

Of course! My problem is most of my recipes are in my head, I don't have anything written down!:ROFLMAO:

ADJUSTMENT - It's just a bit salty, I added another 1/4 cup of mandarin liquid and 2 TBS of Rice Vinegar. Tasted and did a Happy Dance!

Chicken Manadarin Salad for 2

Dressing:
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup favorite oil
1 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
1/4 cup reserved mandarin liquid
1/4 cup chopped green onions

Mix well and chill.

Wow, this sounds really good. I'am going to try this very soon. I think my family will really enjoy this dish for a change. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

Wow, this sounds really good. I'am going to try this very soon. I think my family will really enjoy this dish for a change. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

Thank you! I created it because the restaurant we went to get it closed.:neutral:

Back
Top Bottom