TGIF 9/10 Anyone Cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Good morning everyone,

So glad it's Friday! It's been hard getting back to the routine of waking up early to get the kids off to school.

Dinner tonight will be baked ziti. I made the meat sauce yesterday, so boiling the pasta, assembling, and baking is all I have to do. Veggies and a salad will round out the meal.

HAGD:chef:

I am supposed to be cooking up two salmon filets for my meals over the weekend...I'm playing on the computer instead. I'll also make a batch of stovetop cheese and potatoes, in just a minute...

I am marinating some pork butt in a citrus and garlic marinade for a Cuban garlic roasted pork roast. For sides it will be black beans and rice.

Nope.. not cooking.

Going out to lunch and then having a little bowl of cereal for dinner. :)

Bourbon.....
Fresh Smoked Sausage....
Home made whole wheat pancakes...
Steen's Cane Syrup........
Chocolate Ice cream.........

{{{{{{Trish}}}}}

I have just enough ingredients left to make one last Cuban so it's up to me to finish off the leftovers so I can start something new.

My Cuban craving can go away now for another year.

GF is cooking tonight, I won't find out what it is untill I get there! LOL!! I guess a bottle of red and a bottle of white might cover it.

I am marinating some pork butt in a citrus and garlic marinade for a Cuban garlic roasted pork roast. For sides it will be black beans and rice.

Sounds like heaven. After working in the restaurants all day the only thing I want to prepare tonight is a martini.

Andy, have you ever used Goya brand "Mojo Criollo Marinade"? It's really excellent with big bold flavors of bitter orange, lemon, garlic and onion. Very Cuban, and also wonderful for marinating chicken.

Dinner tonite for us:

I've been simmering a big ole meaty ham bone with split peas, and finely chopped onion, carrot and celery. I love the smell of split pea soup on the stove. I'll fix these rolls to go with it........although I know it screams for cornbread, I don't like it, so the rolls it is........

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f23/easy-garlic-parm-rolls-66741.html

gonna make one of my famous calif. roast beef sandwich. pepper jack cheese and green chili peppers , got so sour dough bread. all toasted up in the skillet. one of my favorites and very fast. chips i think. dessert?

Linguine with broccoli sautéed in olive oil and garlic topped with fresh grated Romano and Parmesan cheeses.

img_919399_0_07bce5992d69b7114076d4a24668bed4.jpg

So, Dad finally came home from the hospital yesterday (only one month this time instead of three) and he made a request for his "first meal" As some of you know, my Dad and I share a weekend meal when we are watching sports together, and that is exactly what we had....

Hot dogs with fried onions in whole wheat buns (he takes mustard and ketchup, I like sauerkraut and swiss cheese). DH was in on it too (gluten free buns with pizza sauce and soy mozzarella!) We of course had our mandatory A&W root beer!

A great homecoming dinner. Now, if we can keep him here.

So, Dad finally came home from the hospital yesterday (only one month this time instead of three) and he made a request for his "first meal" As some of you know, my Dad and I share a weekend meal when we are watching sports together, and that is exactly what we had....

Hot dogs with fried onions in whole wheat buns (he takes mustard and ketchup, I like sauerkraut and swiss cheese). DH was in on it too (gluten free buns with pizza sauce and soy mozzarella!) We of course had our mandatory A&W root beer!

A great homecoming dinner. Now, if we can keep him here.

What a great welcome home dinner!!!! :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom