9/11/2010 Dinner Plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For dinner I have a piece of fore rib, on the bone, about 7lbs weight. We call it Fred Flintstone. Served with yummy roasted veg, potatoes and Yorkshire pudding, plus dwarf and runner beans from the garden.

Using the left over sauce from the lasagna to make pizza. Got the dough rising now. Just found out I'm our of mozzarella but have a lot of swiss so will use that instead.

But a bunch of great northern beans, a big fat ham hock, whole head of garlic, some fresh sage and bay leaf and water in the crock-pot this morning. It's smellin' pretty darn good right now. Will make some skillet cornbread to sop up the yummies. Walnut cake with caramel icing and vanilla ice cream for dessert.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:)

Meat pies. I saved some of the fresh cooked vegetables from my chicken soup and will add it to some of the canned beef with juices after warming the canned meat and draining the fat off. I'm going to use Pillsbury frozen pie crust. I'll save the drained liquid from the meat and refrigerate until I can get the fat off, then bag the good juices and freeze for a later gravy.

using the last qt of last year's tomato sauce with some locally made sausage and veg. over pasta for sure!

Good afternoon everyone,

Tonight's dinner will be asian marinated flank stead, roasted potato wedges and a salad using tomatoes and cukes from the garden.

9/11 - Let us never forget all the innocent lives that were lost today.

I don't have a clue. I just wanted to be first.

I don't know either, I just wanted to be tenth! :LOL::LOL:

Actually that is half true - I really don't know what I am having because my in-laws just changed from coming to lunch to coming for dinner and I now feel like cooking something nice instead of running out for a Costco pizza! :chef:

Well I was planning on making porcupine balls, and I was SURE I had tomato soup in the pantry, but no.. there was none. I had a can of beef gravy.. so I used that instead and added some sliced onion on the top. Guess I'll call these hedgehog balls. :ROFLMAO:

So, I guess that means I have to wait until number 20 to tell what I am having! ;)

Only 5 more and you can tell us what your having

Last edited:
It is a sad kind of remembrance today, isn't it?

Focaccia bread, wheat/white, topped with chopped marinated olives, sliced san marzano tomatoes, sliced garlic, fried onions, oregano and cheddar cheese.

Good afternoon everyone,

Tonight's dinner will be asian marinated flank stead, roasted potato wedges and a salad using tomatoes and cukes from the garden.

9/11 - Let us never forget all the innocent lives that were lost today.
I will never forget standing in my yard on that fateful day and watching the black smoke rise into the sky!!
I WILL NEVER FORGET OR FORGIVE!! (Sorry for the emotions but I watched this unfold before my eyes)

Today also would have been my mom's 73rd birthday (she passed 9/18/05).

It was eerie how today was EXACTLY like 9/11/01. Beautiful blue sky, breezy, cool, perfect fall day. We went for a long ride and stopped at a diner for dinner. I had a grilled cheese and tomato sammie.

Okay, I won't wait for 20. We ended up having Costco pizza after all and it was very good. For dessert we had birthday cake of course!

Back
Top Bottom