Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Tailgating Sundays! (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f115/tailgating-sundays-66876.html)

FrankZ 09-12-2010 10:25 AM

Tailgating Sundays!

During the NFL season I "tailgate"* on Sundays, or before each Browns game if they play on another day. This year all our games are 1PM on Sunday.:clap:

This week I am doing brats. I chose them because I knew we might get rain (it did) and as such I could either grill them or do them inside. So I have me brats braising in beer with some yellow onion.

Anyone else "tailgating"?

*I tailgate at the house, not in a parking lot.

Kayelle 09-12-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

*I tailgate at the house, not in a parking lot.
So you park your pickumup truck in front of the house? :lol:

FrankZ 09-12-2010 11:03 AM

Yeah... every pickemup truck I have is parked out front. :wink:

Kayelle 09-12-2010 11:40 AM

:rofl::lol:

FrankZ 09-19-2010 09:27 AM

This week we have burgers (ground em up last night) and hot dogs. I am gonna have ketchup on the hot dogs. :wink:

I have some chips and we also have Kathleen's left over pasta from yesterday to go with.

Anyone else tailgating?

Andy M. 09-19-2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankZ (Post 921041)
This week we have burgers (ground em up last night) and hot dogs. I am gonna have ketchup on the hot dogs. :wink:

I have some chips and we also have Kathleen's left over pasta from yesterday to go with.

Anyone else tailgating?

We're sofa-gating for the 4:15 game - Pats/Jets.

It'll be a TJ's mushroom flatbread and the alcoholic beverage of choice.

P.S. Frank, ditch the ketchup and go for mayonnaise (Hellman's) on your hot dog.

4meandthem 09-19-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankz (Post 921041)
this week we have burgers (ground em up last night) and hot dogs. I am gonna have ketchup on the hot dogs. :wink:

I have some chips and we also have kathleen's left over pasta from yesterday to go with.

Anyone else tailgating?

ketchup on a hot dog???????

LPBeier 09-19-2010 10:37 AM

Didn't we have this ketchup-on/off-a-dog discussion before? Clearly you men are very confused about the subject - Dijon and sauerkraut (and maybe some melted Swiss) are the ONLY condiments that should accompany said hot dog.
:cool::rolleyes:

Okay, on with the tailgating festivities...you know I have never been to one even though I am a huge football fan? Are they an American thing?

Andy M. 09-19-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPBeier (Post 921052)
...Okay, on with the tailgating festivities...you know I have never been to one even though I am a huge football fan? Are they an American thing?

So it seems. I guess it gets too cold in Canada to spend time outdoors cooking and eating.

BTW, Dijon is wasted on a hot dog. You need to go with spicy brown or yellow mustards. No point in going all gourmet over a hot dog.

LPBeier 09-19-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy M. (Post 921056)
So it seems. I guess it gets too cold in Canada to spend time outdoors cooking and eating.

BTW, Dijon is wasted on a hot dog. You need to go with spicy brown or yellow mustards. No point in going all gourmet over a hot dog.

First of all, my part of Canada is not cold....it is wet.

Second of all, who puts mayo, nectar of the Gods, on a hot dog? It is to be cherished and saved for, well, just about everything else.

(It's okay, everyone Andy and I really DO get along :whistling)