BOSCH gas stove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zfranca

Senior Cook
I was very fortunate to find a second hand stove in excellent conditions, but no instructions.
It is a Bosch GAS stove, free standing, 6 burners, interior quartz electric broiler, mod HSK66183EH/01-P4 Safety Cook.
I have been able to figure out the major functions but I would like to have the manual to be able to fully enjoy the performance of this beauty.
I researched the internet and found a similar model (HSK65145EH) but no instructions either.
Could somebody help me out?

Attachments

• cake 001.jpg
    cake 001.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 404
You're best bet is to go to the Bosch website (Bosch.com), go to the home appliances section and ask for an owners manual.

I tried it but it does not go any further than just showing Household appliances Mexico Division. Cannot call the 800 number because where I live there are no telephone lines, just cellular phones.

Nothing seems to be working for me. I am starting to think this stove is cursed:

I moved to Mexico in 2001 and I have been looking for a gas stove with an interior top broiler, ever since.
We live in an unsophisticated/rural area and the local appliances stores do not have such a product in stock. I researched the model and special ordered it. Paid a deposit, waited for weeks with several trips in and out of town…The stove never showed up. I got the money back from the deposit and decided to try another shop in another town Petatlan, about half an hour drive south from us. They also made the same promise, “we can order it for you, but it will take a while”. I decided to buy something they had in stock. It did not have an interior broiler but I could broil from the bottom drawer. That means you have to take the food out of the oven, kneel down and introduce the pan in the bottom drawer, where the burner of the oven serves as the top grill.. After a few months I had a little problem with the electrical ignition and called the shop for sending a tecnico. They promised to send a person in two days. Meantime I could still use my old little stove.
A week later my husband and I decided to pay a visit to Petatlan again to see what was going on. There is a lovely farmers market there and we could do some shopping as well.
The sales attendant of the furniture shop, a sturdy middle-age lady, said, “I have a stove just like the one you wanted. It is a used one and it belongs to a friend of mine that left town and she is selling her furniture. I can show it to you. It’s just around the corner”.
So off we go, out in hot blazing noon sun, crossing the zócalo, to her lady friend house.
When I saw the stove and looked inside the never once used oven, I could not believe it.
There it was: the stove I always wanted, sitting in a lady’s house who probably did not even know what she had.. She stated the price. I counter offered mine and she said she would consult her friend and let me know.
I came home, researched that particular brand and model on line and found out the price she was asking was exactly half of the retail price listed. The stove had been hardly used. It looked brand new. I was so excited over this stove that my husband said to me, “If there is one person who deserves that stove, you are it. With all the money you have been saving us, by not going out to restaurants, you can have all the stoves you want. I’ll by it for you for your birthday.
The lady never called back to let me know if her friend was willing to lower the price. We decided to return to Petatlan to get it.Walking from the shop to the lady’s house I asked the sturdy lady why her friend was leaving town. Her answer was chilling, even though it was sunny and hot, “they came and shot to death her three boys and took the girl.” I did not dare to ask who “they” were.
We paid for the stove and quickly returned home. Yes, it is true there are drug gangs shooting people who are equally involved in the same trade. I don’t think “they” will come looking for the stove.

Something is very wrong. I copied this: mod HSK66183EH/01-P4 Safety Cook. (I added the brand name and spelled out 'model') from your original post and pasted it into a Google search and this thread was the only reference found on the entire internet.

Do you realize how unlikely that is? You would at the very least expect a link to the manufacturer's website.

I don't want to sound like a jerk but are you sure you got the number correct? How old is this stove?

Yes, I double checked and that is the correct number. I think the stove is 4 years old. It is possible that it was manufactured in Mexico.
There is a similar model HSK66146EH that I found on the internet that could have replaced this other model. The manual would do for both, but I could not get to it.

Does your stove look like this? I was able to hunt down a manual for a 5 burner gas stove but it is a NA model

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 252
I think your going to have to contact Bosch directly to get a copy of the manual. Their website doesn't list any information about models available in Mexico.

You can get a PDF file on it. I Googled

BOSCH gas stove 6 burner PDF file and up it came.

Edited to add,

That's a very nice stove you have. Quite a bargain. :)

Last edited:
Thanks Linux, I have checked most of the sites and came up with a similar mod. in the HSB category (which appears to have a convection oven). Mine is a regular oven (conventional).
Are you sure you saw a mod HSK?

Thanks Linux, I have checked most of the sites and came up with a similar mod. in the HSB category (which appears to have a convection oven). Mine is a regular oven (conventional).
Are you sure you saw a mod HSK?

Sorry I took so long to reply. Yes, I am sure.

Linux,
would you mind passing on that particular site?

I would but for one difficulty. Since first writing, my computer failed and I cannot locate the website until I get it returned from the repairers. Which will be tomorrow, which is too late because I shall be winging my way to Greece.

I apologise for letting you down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom