I Got A Promotion!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
With the new Medicare/Medicaid guidelines starting October first, I will be working in our MDS office writing care plans, data gathering and general dogsbody. This will allow me to keep working while we try to find out what my health problem is and allow me flexible hours for doctors appointments and such. Of course it means a complete schedule change. I'll be working days for a while and then switch to 10 hour shifts in the evenings. I'll be losing one whole day off a week.

Last edited:
Thanks, Forty! I'll miss my patients, but maybe some time off my feet will do me some good.

so that's how you get into the medical field.

all of this "american idol" and "dancing with the stars" stuff has gone too far if you ask me...

lol, j/k princess fee. good luck with the new gig.

so that's how you get into the medical field.

all of this "american idol" and "dancing with the stars" stuff has gone too far if you ask me...

lol, j/k princess fee. good luck with the new gig.

:-p Thanks, BuckyTom! I start Tues! I wonder if I remember how to read and write...:ROFLMAO:

Thank You, Barbara! I still have one weekends worth of nights!

Last edited:
WTG Princess! I do some nights. The secret is getting 4 hours of sleep in the morning and another 2-3 hours in the evening just before you leave for work...it's a must. If you start to get sleepy at work then get up and move around, do some stretches, crunch on some cold ice if you have strong teeth, drink an energizing tea, snack on crunchy raw veggies. You'll do great! They're lucky to have you :)

WTG Princess! I do some nights. The secret is getting 4 hours of sleep in the morning and another 2-3 hours in the evening just before you leave for work...it's a must. If you start to get sleepy at work then get up and move around, do some stretches, crunch on some cold ice if you have strong teeth, drink an energizing tea, snack on crunchy raw veggies. You'll do great! They're lucky to have you :)

LOL! Thanks, Mollyanne! I've been doing nights for the past 18 years (6:30 pm - 7:00am). It's going to be weird for me to stay awake when the sun is up and to only work 8-10 hours. As it is now, my sleep period is 9am-4pm, that's not going to be a fun change! Oh, and I'll have weekends off...I've NEVER had weekends off.

I've heard rumors that the sky is blue...is that true?:ROFLMAO:

and if not, they'll really appreciate you for all of the tooth cracking sounds that send shivers up their backs, while stretching your butt in thier faces music no one else likes.
:ohmy:
no one on the late shift will sleep! :huh:

:mrgreen:

welcome to vampire standard time. mwahahahahaaaaa.

Last edited:
and if not, they'll really appreciate you for all of the tooth cracking sounds that send shivers up their backs, while stretching your butt in thier faces music no one else likes.
:ohmy:
no one on the late shift will sleep! :huh:

:mrgreen:

welcome to vampire standard time. mwahahahahaaaaa.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm always creeping around in the dark taking blood...ask 'em!:angel:

go girl!! ah.....MDS's, haven't thought of them in a long time. My typing skills improved dramatically with cranking out all those RAP's....congratulations!

go girl!! ah.....MDS's, haven't thought of them in a long time. My typing skills improved dramatically with cranking out all those RAP's....congratulations!

Thanks, Beth! I spent a good part of last night studying RAP's and trying to link what I read to what I've been doing on the floor. Massive confusion @ this point, hopefully tonight I will have some time to go back and forth between written care plans and looking at how they match up with RAP's.:wacko:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom