Whatcha havin' tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
What? I'm first?

At any rate, it's a beautiful, beautiful day so I'm making meatballs in a mushroom sauce, French green beans, buttered whole kernel corn, iced tea and probably the last of the walnut cake with caramel icing.

Gonna spend as much time outside today as I can, as it would be a sin not to.

What is everyone else having?

Fresh swordfish is on sale this week so I'll be picking up a piece to do on the grill. I'll have to figure out what to serve along side.

I am not sure what is happening today. DH is working, I am laid up with my leg until I can see the doctor next week, and Dad isn't ready to make dinner.....yet ;)

Laurie, hope your leg gets better soon! You've had so many complications! I guess we're going to my nephew's high school football game tonight so will eat at the concession stand since the band boosters run it as a fundraiser. He plays tuba in the marching band.

sorry to read about the laid up leg laurie:(

a few days ago I made a meatloaf with half chevon and half ground pork. Dh is really happy with it so I am serving him that over bread. I'll do something with fresh potatoes and green beans for me.

I took a small rack of ribs out of the freezer this morning, so I'll start with those. Maybe I'll make fries and pick up a small container of coleslaw from the pub.

Thanks, everyone for the concern about my leg - it had been getting increasingly harder to walk and yesterday my dog tripped me so we were off to our home away from home, the hospital. There is no damage to the joint and no infection which is great news. My doctor is away until Monday so I am to keep it up as much as possible until I can see him. thank goodness for the lap top and my comfy recliner!

Well, my sister is coming over with dinner after work and we are all going to watch the football game together! I am really looking forward to it and so is Dad!

niquejim said:
I'm doing roasted chicken with a fig/mustard glaze and roasted acorn squash and chorizo with honey/blood orange sauce
I'll be right over, Jim. Can you serve that to me on that beautiful Florida beach of yours? Sounds scrumptious. Cheers!

Be well, LPBeier...we all are thinking of you :flowers:

Last edited:
Sweet and sour chicken, chilli beef, chilli king prawns, a ton of special friend rice and a pile of prawn crackers perched so precariously on the dining table that I'm nibbling them now.

I ordered a Chinese takeaway for family. So close to our holiday I can't be doing with cooking tonight.

Good Afternoon everyone and TGIF,

Busy morning with lots of errands to run. I'll be picking up my youngest son from school soon. My middle son has track practice after school and won't be home until 7:00.

Dinner tonight will be simple, leftover soup from yesterday and grilled cheese sandwiches.

LPBeier - Sending healing thoughts your way.

HAGD!

I am not sure what is happening today. DH is working, I am laid up with my leg until I can see the doctor next week, and Dad isn't ready to make dinner.....yet ;)
I'm sorry you are having more problems with your leg. I hate when you are not feeling well.

I think we are having some kind of Asian pork loin for supper. We are eating at our friends' house. The only thing I know for sure is that there will be cheesecake for dessert, since I have it in the oven right now. :cool:

:)Barbara

Oh no LP, just when we were hoping you'd seen the last of that place.

Enjoy dinner with your sister and Dad.

It is going to be left overs here. There is ham steak, pork chops and gravy, scalloped potatoes, and some bbq pork. Hmmm did REALLY cook that much pig this week???

We had leftovers. Yesterday I made a mexican lasagna. Used real tomatoes and made a small batch of thick tomatoe sauce so that was used in the mexican lasagna along with ground hamburger, spices, zucchini, corn "shucked from corn on the cobs" and a few other things. Layers of corn tortillas, meat/sauce mix and cheese. Topped with sour cream when serving.

Just finished a good dinner.

I bought some beautiful large fresh scallops at Costco today, so I seared them in olive oil and butter and set them aside to keep warm. In the pan with the good drippings, I sauted some white onion and garlic, deglazed with Vermouth, added a bottle of clam juice, some fresh lemon zest, Italian parsley, and some red pepper flakes.. I added a bit of the pasta water, and let it cook for a few minutes, and then added my cooked linguini to the pan, to absorb some of the sauce. I topped the plates of pasta with the beautiful scallops, shaved fresh Parmesan and parsley.
Green salad and garlic toast were the sides.

Last edited:
Oh no LP, just when we were hoping you'd seen the last of that place.

Enjoy dinner with your sister and Dad.

It is going to be left overs here. There is ham steak, pork chops and gravy, scalloped potatoes, and some bbq pork. Hmmm did REALLY cook that much pig this week???

Thanks, Dave, we sure did enjoy it! My sister brought s/s boneless pork Dad's Favourite, mushroom chow mien (my favourite), beef & broccoli (sister's favourite), chicken fried rice, spring rolls and won ton soup from our favourite restaurant which happens to be half way between our place and hers.

Our football team (Saskatchewan Roughriders) won, but they were trying pretty hard not too :wacko:

Your leftover meal sounds great!

I'm finally going to make Selkie's Apricot Glazed chicken. I was too worn out from shopping last night so I polished off some delicious L/O Spanish rice with beef and some L/O (leftover) sauted squash.

I did pick up a pretty boneless pork loin half. I'll freeze half of that and prep the other half to cook low and slow all day tomorrow, marinating using Kayelle's dry rub today, and Caslon's suggesting of water with Liquid Smoke in the pan tomorrow. Mmmm I can smell it already.

Back
Top Bottom