Honey/citrus/cognac Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norgeskog

Washing Up
Believe it or not, I have had this recipe in my box since 1974, it is from a newspaper, and i have only used it twice. I going thru the recipes, I am upset with myself for not making them, they sound wonderful. They had a different name but I named them for what I think they should be called. The name below is what was in the article.

HONEY DAINTIES

1 cup butter or margarine
1-2/3 cups sugar
1 tsp grated orange peel
1/4 cup orange juice
2 Tbs lemon juice
2 Tbs cognac (or brandy)
1 tsp vanilla
4-1/2 cups sifted flour (it is old recipe, do not sift flour any longer)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup water
1 cup chopped blanched almonds

Cream together butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add orange peel, orange and lemon juices, cognac, and vanilla and blend well. sift together flour, baking powder and soda. Mix dry ingredients into creamed mixture about 1 cup at a time. Take a rounded tablespoonful of dough for each cooky and shape into a crescent on a cookie sheet. Bake 360 (? odd temperature) for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool.

Meanwhile, combine remaining 2/3 cup sugar with honey and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil gently 5 minutes. Dip cooled cookies in syrup then sprinkle with almonds. Return cookies to wrack to cool. Makes 54 cookes (odd amount, but that is what it says). Wish I had found this for everyone's cookie swap for the holidays.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom