What's cooking Thurs. Sept 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
Thanks to Tropical storm Nicole, it's very wet, windy and dreary here today. Calls for chili in the crockpot! Will have some rice and rolls with it and top it off with cheddar cheese and a bit of sour cream. What's on at your place?

It is a rainy mess here as well. I am thinking about making a pot of soup. I was thinking Chicken Noodle or Chicken Corn Chowder. I am just not sure.

Rain, rain, and more rain today. So we are having meatloaf, mashed potato, and gravy.

Hello everyone,

All of us here on the East Coast seem to be having the same weather ... rain, rain, and more rain.

Dinner will be a favorite comfort food ... meat sauce over spaghetti and garlic bread with roasted veggies on the side.

HAGD:chef:

Rainy here too.

I have a small chicken brining in the fridge right now. I'll probably end up roasting it with pilaf and a veggie for sides. If I had more garlic on hand, I would have done 40 clove chicken. Maybe next time...

it is a gorgeous, cool, breezy, bright blue sky kinda day here....have been working outside with a couple of friends on a concrete project, we will be having the same thing I served at lunch....

sausage gravy over whole wheat toast, oven roasted sweet potatoes, chocolate pudding with vanilla ice cream, actually turned out like a chocolate sundae, may add some peanuts to tonights version:cool:

Beautiful day, of a sort. Very cool early, but has warmed up considerably..Clear skies, breezy and drrrrrrrrrrrry!

Bourbon....
Creole Sauce over Catfish over Rice.....
Wish I had some Chocolate pudding/Vanilla Ice cream/Peanuts for D-Zert.
Probably will settle for just plain Blue Bell Chocolate Ice Cream

Even though it is a beautiful day on the Texas gulf coast everyone's been talking about cool and rainy weather. I've been craving a big pot of chili for a while now. Texas Red for us tonight.

I had Chili. Too hot to fire up the oven for the corn bread though.

It's cloudy and rainy...
I'm going to prepare a risotto alla milanese, i want to use saffron that's why!

Ingredients

1 3/4 cups uncooked Arborio rice
1/2 cup unsalted butter, divided
1 1/2 quarts beef stock
3 tablespoons beef marrow
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon saffron powder
3/4 cup dry white wine
salt to taste
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese

Melt half of the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Simmer the onion and beef marrow in the butter for about 10 minutes. When the onion is soft, remove the onion and marrow from the pan using a slotted spoon...

Saute the rice in the pan over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Stir constantly so the rice will not stick and burn.:) Stir in one ladle of beef stock, and keep stirring until it is mostly absorbed, ladling and stirring in more of the broth as well as the white wine in the same manner, until the rice is almost al dente. Stir in the saffron, remaining butter, and 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. Turn off the heat, cover and let sit for 4 or 5 minutes.
Serve as a bed for ossibuchi or by itself with as much of the remaining Parmesan cheese sprinkled over as you like.:pig:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's cloudy and rainy...
I'm going to prepare a risotto alla milanese, i want to use saffron that's why!

Ingredients

1 3/4 cups uncooked Arborio rice
1/2 cup unsalted butter, divided
1 1/2 quarts beef stock
3 tablespoons beef marrow
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon saffron powder
3/4 cup dry white wine
salt to taste
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese

Melt half of the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Simmer the onion and beef marrow in the butter for about 10 minutes. When the onion is soft, remove the onion and marrow from the pan using a slotted spoon...

Saute the rice in the pan over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Stir constantly so the rice will not stick and burn.:) Stir in one ladle of beef stock, and keep stirring until it is mostly absorbed, ladling and stirring in more of the broth as well as the white wine in the same manner, until the rice is almost al dente. Stir in the saffron, remaining butter, and 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. Turn off the heat, cover and let sit for 4 or 5 minutes.
Serve as a bed for ossibuchi or by itself with as much of the remaining Parmesan cheese sprinkled over as you like.:pig:

This looks really yummy ... I think I'll have to make this soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eggs Benedict

img_924354_0_9da6947152ca6be70c658e2d8a896af5.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom