PrincessFiona and Shrek's Vacation!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
We are headed out tomorrow for Whitefish Lake, just outside Glacier Nat'l Park. We are jokingly calling it our Real Honeymoon, since we never had one...twice! (both civil and church weddings);)

Three nights in a suite with a private balcony overlooking the lake and the western mountains. I looks like it's going to be raining most of the time, but I really don't care. I just want to make sure I take the right clothes.

Shrek will most likely be hanging out on the balcony, I'm taking at least one hiking trip in the Park. Maybe some horseback riding. If I can get Shrek out on a boat, more fun!:LOL:

I still need to pack, been holding off to make sure of the weather first!

Enjoy your vacation!
I would like to take a multi-day cycle tour through GNP one day.

There's lots that think like you do! We ran over...err, I mean drove around several such groups on the "Going To The Sun Road." I just want time to wander.

Thanks, Everyone! In 10 hours all diets are off!:LOL:

How nice. If I were that close I'd load up my touring bike with camp gear and head out there from home. Park entrance fee and camping fee would be much cheaper too....:D

I would have a hard time biking there and Shrek could not do it. Maybe 10 years ago...:LOL:

We try to spend as much time as possible in Glacier each summer. This will be the first time we have stayed more than one day. It's usually just a day trip for us. Especially since Shrek earned his Golden Age Pass, no entrance fees!

Yellowstone is fairly close, too!

How nice. If I were that close I'd load up my touring bike with camp gear and head out there from home. Park entrance fee and camping fee would be much cheaper too....:D
And better protection against bears and moose. Oh, wait... :ROFLMAO:

:)Barbara

I just visited there for the first time in my life about two months ago, it's unbelievable country! The National Park is unworldly, and the lakes surrounding it are truly big country. If I only had a Subaru Outback, the Rangers might have given me a wink, nod and pass through the GTTS Road over the Rockies' continental divide, maybe the first human beings of 2010.

We're looking forward to dissecting Shrek's stomach when you both return...

I just visited there for the first time in my life about two months ago, it's unbelievable country! The National Park is unworldly, and the lakes surrounding it are truly big country. If I only had a Subaru Outback, the Rangers might have given me a wink, nod and pass through the GTTS Road over the Rockies' continental divide, maybe the first human beings of 2010.

We're looking forward to dissecting Shrek's stomach when you both return...

Have you been over the GTTS Road? We went in August and there were last year's snow drifts and ice up to the road. It was officialy closed in September this year, once it snowed.

If you dissect Shrek, you might find some missing hikers...:LOL:

don't you mean donkey riding? ;)

View attachment 8669

have fun, and be safe your highness, especially if hking alone.

Thanks, BuckyTom!

Donkey won't let me ride him...he's Shrek's friend!:LOL:

No worries, I'll be with a group. I know better than to wander off alone in Grizzly and Mountain Lion country!

Do you know how to identify Grizzly scat?
It smells like pepper and has little bells in it!:angel:

the most important thing to remember in grizzly country is that you don't have to outrun an angry bear, just the guy you're hiking with. :angel:

and a squirt gun full of honey can help that out.

the most important thing to remember in grizzly country is that you don't have to outrun an angry bear, just the guy you're hiking with. :angel:

and a squirt gun full of honey can help that out.

I thought that was for angry dragons and outrunning halflings.:huh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom