Antipasta Sub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
Experiments sometimes come out great!
Stopped at the store for a few items, and then I was in the mood for an Italian sub- picked up some ham, salami and provlone cheese along with a Italian 4 cheese shredded pkg then went to the olive bar and got a lil container of olive tapanade and a couple of plum tomatoes and some fresh sub rolls.

got home and chopped the tomatoes up small and added to the olive mix.
I started just putting the slices on the roll then got an idea
took the a couple slices each of the salami and ham and cut them into strips then into small squares, added a 1/2 handfull of the 4 cheeses mixture instead of the provlone added some olive oil and oregano.

split the sub roll so it was separted and piled the meat/cheese mixture onto the bottom half and topped it with some olive/tomatoe mixture placed the top on it and put it in my toaster oven on 400 for about 5-8min till top was lightly brown and bread hot.

When it came out the cheese melted threw out the meat and the juice was soaked up in the bread which has a crusty outside. Bit into it (caution really hot) and it was fantastic!!!!!!!

I named it antipasto sub afterwards
I remember going to a party where they had a dip that was all kinds of meat cut up really small and had baggette slices to spoon the meat on.
that might be where my thought came from.
whos know maybe there is a sub out there like that already, anyways it was great and I'll be making again.

WOW that sounds delish letscook ....and we recently got a new toaster oven that I'm not supposed to touch either.

I printed this out and will show it to the XO (executive officer) and hopefully she'll school me on the toaster oven later. I can't wait to try this, thanks.

I think you'll like it once you get to use the oven !!! :)
I enjoyed so much last night made another for lunch today only this time I added some yellow hot pepper rings and a few thin thin thin slices of onion mmmmm even better.

That sounds like a great sandwich, letscook, and I love the name of it.

WOW that sounds delish letscook ....and we recently got a new toaster oven that I'm not supposed to touch either.

I printed this out and will show it to the XO (executive officer) and hopefully she'll school me on the toaster oven later. I can't wait to try this, thanks.

retireguy..........go for it, and as the wife of a retiredguy, tell her she needs to turn you loose. :ROFLMAO:
She may be pleasantly surprised by your kitchen skills. Just remember to clean up after yourself. :D

Well just before dusk Carol brought home the necessary ingredients. Our 1st attempt we stayed with letscook's antipasto sub recipe and the subs were delicious.

5071652350_d2a5a566d8.jpg

Don't they look like precious jems sitting there waiting to be plucked?

I've was cautioned to always wear those tiny triangle gloves when using the toaster oven and now know what all the knobs do so I'm good to go on that.

Earlier I had put everything in a bowl to consolidate during clean up and added the portbello mushrooms and red peppers. That antipasto sub came out equally delicious too but a thought occurred to me...

...if I prepared all these ingredients in advance before my buddies came over to cut wood or what ever I could make these subs up before they could finish one beer. I would RULE!

Thank you letscook for sharing this super idea. I am so happy to be here learning these wonderful cooking/food preparation skills. This now makes 4 scratch things I can make without supervision.

The XO isn't to pleased to have me in her kitchen but she is getting better about it. For helping me out yesterday I'll surprise her and totally clean the floor when she steps out.

...wow let'scook, I feel a new food addiction coming on. I haven't had a sub since I was a teenager I don't think but that sounds delicious! And then topped off by that yummy pic...thanks retiredguy

Back
Top Bottom