What cooking mags do you get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4meandthem

Half Baked
I used to get a lot more than I do now but I still love Saveur.My favorite by far! I also get Food and Wine since we got it free for something.I am not knocking it, I still like it. I am not fond of the changes to Bon Appetite so it was cut with some others about two years ago.

That is it right now.

Which ones do you get and what's your fave?

Which ones did you drop and why?

The only one I get right now is "Cooking Pleasures." It is a lifetime subscription, and I really enjoy it. I have taken the various ones put out by "Taste of Home" ("Taste of Home," "Cooking Light," etc.), and I love them, but I had to let them go because I couldn't afford them. However, a couple years ago I got "Taste of Home's" cookbook and baking cookbook at Sam's Club. They have recipes from the magazines. One of the things I like about the ToH magazines is that they have recipes from regular people like me--things they really cook for their families.

:)Barbara

Bon Appetit, Everyday with Rachael Ray, Taste Of Home~~Gift Subs from my Mom.

I don't subscribe to magazines, I barely read the ones I do get.

I subscribe to Cook's Illustrated (in my opinion, the best!).

I'll pick up Saveur and Food Network Magazine whenever I get to the book store.

I canceled my Bon Appetite subscription recently.

Last edited:
cooks, saveur, bon appetite, cuisine at home

every time I think I'll cut back on one, an issue comes with something worth my time!

The only food related magazine I get in the mail monthly is Market Watch. It's a wine, spirits, and beer mag. The subscription is free if you ask for it as it is basically a trade magazine for the beverage industry.

Last edited:
The only food related magazine I get in the mail monthly is Market Watch. It's a wine, spirits, and beer mag.
I almost forgot--I enter a lot of sweepstakes, and apparently I won a subscription to a beer magazine. LOL I HATE beer! There have been a few interesting articles in it though (but I won't be renewing!).

They're advertising a great deal on the Food Network channel, get a year's subscription for, I think, $15. I took advantage of that deal.

I used to love Bon Appetit and Gourmet (which is no longer) but ever since BA changed it's format, I haven't renewed.

Right now I get TOH, Everyday Food, and Cooking Light. Occasionally, I will pick up Rachael Ray or Food Network, but I don't subscribe to them.

I would like to get Cuisine at Home or Cooks Illustrated, but I can't justify the expense.

I used to subscribe to 3 or 4 cooking magazines but canceled them all, when I ran out of storage room for them. I just couldn't bear to throw them out, after reading them. What do all of you do about storage? My place was starting to look like one of those people who hoard stuff to the ceilings. J/K

To subscribe to most of the American publications here in Canada becomes quite expensive. I pick up the odd copy of "Taste of Home", Bon Appetite and others. Our Food Network Canada has a magazine - I just picked up a copy and am considering subscribing to it.

I used to subscribe to 3 or 4 cooking magazines but canceled them all, when I ran out of storage room for them. I just couldn't bear to throw them out, after reading them. What do all of you do about storage? My place was starting to look like one of those people who hoard stuff to the ceilings. J/K

I take my old magazines to nursing homes. They are always appreciated. I used to write out the recipes i wanted to try, now I have a printer that copies!!!

To subscribe to most of the American publications here in Canada becomes quite expensive. I pick up the odd copy of "Taste of Home", Bon Appetite and others. Our Food Network Canada has a magazine - I just picked up a copy and am considering subscribing to it.
"Taste of Home" has a pretty good online newsletter as well.

P.S. I just sent you the latest copy.

Last edited:
I too get Tast of Home as a gift subscription every year from my Mom. I also get a magazine called Hobby Farm Home that has some great recipes in it.

Food network, kraft, pillsbury, as they are gifts subscriptions. I cancelled all my others as the internert is my big magazine. I also cancelled all my other magazines that I use to get, Good housekeeping, women day, family circle, I was tired of paying for advertisments and not enough article etc, and your right taste of home mags had gotten so expensive I cancelled them and sometime buy the yearly cookbook or I usually get that as a xmas gift.

I stopped getting magazines.

I used to get Bon Appetit, Food and Wine, and for a short time, Cook''s Illustrated. I found there was too much advertising and stuff I didn't care about in the first two. CI was too expensive and I didn't like their attitude.

Back
Top Bottom