Trivia 10/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 10/13
DID YOU KNOW...
The Minute Hand on each of the four faces of London's "Big Ben" are 14 feet long. The Hour Hands are 9 feet long.

1. Name the city where Night Baseball Debuted ...
2. What's the name shared by a fictional sea Captain and the husband of the Biblical Jezabel ?
3. What is the name of the cave system, with the greatest total length of surveyed passages in the world ?
( Hint; It's named for an extinct Mammal )
4. How many sides are there on a Stop Sign ?
5. On which of the Hawaiian Islands is Pearl Harbor Located ?
6. How many quarts in a bushel ?
7. How many children were part of the Von Trapp family, of The Sound of Music fame ?
8. What is the term for the time it takes the earth to make one revolution around our Milky Way Galaxy - an estimated 225 million Earth-Years ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The first commercially marketed cleanser for the hair (Shampoo) was invented by a fireman concerned about losing his hair.
1. Cincinnati
2. Ahab
3. Mammoth Cave
4. eight
5. Oahu
6. 32
7. ten
8. a Galactic Year
TRUTH !!
John Breck, who became the Nation's youngest Fire Chief in 1898 at age 21, began studying chemistry in his search for a cure for hereditary baldness.
He eventually opened a scalp treatment center, where he used a liquid shampoo he developed to replace the bar soap used by most Americans to wash their hair.
He went on to market his product through his new Company, Breck.

I got the ones in red.

1. Cincinnati
2. Ahab

3. Mammoth Cave--don't know how I missed this one. Sheesh.
4. eight
5. Oahu

6. 32
7. ten--I've seen the movie and I have read the autobiography "Maria" and still forgot!
8. a Galactic Year
TRUTH !!

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom