Just have to show you guys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
What a beautiful job the Excalibur did dehydrating some Purple Fountain Grass from my flower bed. While redoing that monster patch. I thought of taking a few cuttings and drying them out, it might look nice in a Hurricane Candle. Normally they take up to 6 weeks to completely dry. And if your lucky enough they wouldn't have faded in that time.

I started the drying process yesterday afternoon. Lowest setting possible. It took about 12 hours to dry. That Ex not only dried them perfectly but the flowers stems and grass colors were kept in their natural colors. I worked on this experiment, doted on it all day /most of the night and am very surprised it worked out so well.

Here they are.

Lit up
img_927984_0_f475c423643ae775d46c99d38becf0bf.jpg

Up close
img_927984_1_57009667554bf936ee5153fe40b9d6e9.jpg

Natural
img_927984_2_c522e2dee3f7a728913f3b9e5f609f82.jpg

Glad you guys liked them. I didn't think they would turn out. I redesigned the molds 5 times hoped for the best. They really are pure white, glossy almost looks like glass, but with the fluorescent lighting it's hard to see that and the true deep burgundy,tans and green colors of the grass. Love that Excalibur.

Hubby came home saw them ordered a few sets for some of his friends.
And yes. I charged him full price for the sets. :LOL:

Munky.

I haven't seen anything like that before.
What class & beauty.
Creativity abounds in your mind.

beautiful, I expected something like this from you wow. I'm working with some things off a tree I love they look like they have a candle inside but all it is is black beads. So we shall see.
This you've done Is lovely
cj

note for kathleenA

Chef Munky! Those are incredible. Good job! And your husband is so proud of you that he wants to show them off...at full price even haha
...awww, that's very touching

...and kathleenA, what do you mean you wish you had a talent for crafts???...you sure make a cool fresh lime football helmet for cats hahaha (posted over in awesome food art thread)

Last edited:
Chef Munky! Those are incredible. Good job! And your husband is so proud of you that he wants to show them off...at full price even haha
...awww, that's very touching

...and kathleenA, what do you mean you wish you had a talent for crafts???...you sure make a cool fresh lime football helmet for cats hahaha (posted over in awesome food art thread)

LOL!!!! You bet full price. My wax habit isn't cheap :LOL:
Only 4 of them exist that I know of.

Kathleen I'll have you pouring like a pro by sundown :)

Munky.

Kathleen I'll have you pouring like a pro by sundown :)

Munky.

MollyAnne, I didn't make that! hahahaha....I wish I had!

Munky, I'd love to make candles like that! When is our first class???

~Kathleen

~Kathleen[/QUOTE]

You name the time :) Pm me if you want . I'd be more then happy to guide you though.
I have all week to do nothing. But sometimes I do nothing well.

Munky.

~Kathleen

You name the time :) Pm me if you want . I'd be more then happy to guide you though.
I have all week to do nothing. But sometimes I do nothing well.

Munky.[/QUOTE]

When I get a duty-free break from work, I'm doing just that! Thanks!

Omg what beautiful candles! Works of art. I had an excalibur temporarily... I loved it. I picked it up on craigslist for my brother and got to test it out before I gave it to him... I had it for a few months and definitely got good use for it! Been looking for a good deal on one for me ever since.

Back
Top Bottom