Flourless cake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Certifiable Executive Chef
Staff member
I need a little help.... I am on the hook to bake a flour-free b-day cake this weekend. I have seen several recipes for a chocolate cake aka 'death by chocolate' etc. Has anyone actually tried one of these or have recipe you know works and taste great?

Hold on, Janet, I have it, just need to remember if it is in my computer or my cake binder. Will post asap.

Something weird is happening every time I try to add the link in another message so here it is.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Chipotle Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
10 oz. of semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
7 tablespoons of unsalted butter, cut into pieces
5 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon of chipotle chili powder
Dash of cayenne pepper
Pinch of salt
Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)

1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9 ½ inch springform pan with a circle of parchment paper. Grease the sides and the parchment with butter or non-stick cooking spray (I love Pam for Baking cooking spray, myself).
2 Melt the chocolate and butter together over a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring occasionally until smooth.
3 Whisk together the eggs and the sugar in a large bowl, and then slowly, a bit at a time, whisk in the melted chocolate. Add the salt and spices and taste, adjusting the spices if needed.
4 Pour into the springform pan and bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.

Just leave out the cinnamon and chipotle! This is sooo good!!!

Thanks everyone for the recipes! They all look great! I'll let you know how this works out :)

Of topic, but we have this cafe in town that makes flourless chocolate raspberry cake, it is to die for. Oh my gosh, I hate the rest of their menu, literally hate, but this cake is out of this world

Back
Top Bottom