Spaghetti Squash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsMarshmallow

Assistant Cook
Need to do something with Spaghetti Squash tonight. Any ideas? I have never cooked one before.

Sure, here is what I do. You need butter, parsley and chives chopped fine.

Slice the squash in half lenghtwise and scoop out the seeds. Place cut side down in a baking dish with 1/4 - 1/2 inch of water. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 min - 1 hour or until you can easily pierce the skin with a knife.

While it is cooling to handle, melt 2 Tbsp butter in a large skillet. shred the squash out of the skins with a fork into a bowl, Then toss the squash in the pan with the butter and add in the herbs. Gently toss to mix all well and server warm.

Last edited:
I forgot, the herbs should be chopped fine. I'll update the instructions above.

I use spaghetti squash several times a month. My SO doesn't like it so I usually quarter the squash and do a slightly large single portion. I do mine in the MW. I use high and do 6 minutes per pound. Do the math for lighter pieces of squash. I place the piece flesh side down in a small corningware dish and put in about 3/4 inch of water.

When it's done it's very, very hot. I use a fork/spoon to scrape out the seeds and the mushy flesh just underneath the seeds. Then I take a fork and scrape out the firmer flesh (did I mention it's very hot?). I have single servings of pasta sauce I keep in the freezer and use that along with Parmesan cheese. When I don't use pasta sauce I stir-fry bean sprouts/chopped onions/ mushrooms and add the spaghetti squash. Season it with damn near anything you like.

Lee

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom