2 New Cookbooks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
I got them from the BBC America store. I haven't had the chance to look at them carefully, yet.

"Porters ~ English Cookery Bible," by Richard, Earl of Bradford & Carol Wilson.

and

"Complete Traditional Recipe Book," published by The National Trust, by Sarah Eddinton.

Waiting to wade in.

D*mn Costco...tis the time of year for putting all those different things out that they don't normally carry...like a whole load of new cookbooks. I was pretty good, only got one.

Williams-Sonoma Cooking At Home, by Chuck Williams & Kristine Kidd.

It starts out with the very basics straight on through to gourmet meals.

D*mn Costco...tis the time of year for putting all those different things out that they don't normally carry...like a whole load of new cookbooks. I was pretty good, only got one.

Williams-Sonoma Cooking At Home, by Chuck Williams & Kristine Kidd.

It starts out with the very basics straight on through to gourmet meals.

Good goin'!!

I love Williams-Sonoma cookbooks! The recipes are elegant but use readily available ingredients and the photographs are fantastic! I hope to check this one out.

Have you prepared anything from it yet? -Cindy :wub:

Good goin'!!

I love Williams-Sonoma cookbooks! The recipes are elegant but use readily available ingredients and the photographs are fantastic! I hope to check this one out.

Have you prepared anything from it yet? -Cindy :wub:

Not yet, but I'm almost finished reading it.:LOL: Due to health reasons, mine and DH, I haven't been such a whiz in the kitchen lately.

good to know someone else that "reads cookbooks" when i don't have anything to read that is new, i haul out a couple cookbooks. am always inspired. i mentally prepare the dishes. lol

good to know someone else that "reads cookbooks" when i don't have anything to read that is new, i haul out a couple cookbooks. am always inspired. i mentally prepare the dishes. lol

Saves me a lot in weight gain:LOL: Now I need another bookcase. I can think of worse hobbies than reading cookbooks.:)

Another community library find was a Bisquick notebook filled with sheets of 3 X 5 index cards to tear off. I took my time (about 2 days) tearing out the ones that I liked, and ended up with a stack about 1" high. (I returned to rest to the library for others.) The recipes were inspirational in that I'd read one, and immediately think of ways to tailor it to my tastes.

After re-creating the Hamburger Onion Pie this week, I've been compelled to pull out those cards and go through them again.

A great way to spend a few hours having fun, and not spending any money!

Last edited:
Another community library find was a Bisquick notebook filled with sheets of 3 X 5 index cards to tear off. I took my time (about 2 days) tearing out the ones that I liked, and ended up with a stack about 1" high. (I returned to rest to the library for others.) The recipes were inspirational in that I'd read one, and immediately think of ways to tailor it to my tastes.

After re-creating the Hamburger Onion Pie this week, I've been compelled to pull out those cards and go through them again.

A great way to spend a few hours having fun, and not spending any money!

Sounds like the stack of mail order catalogs I keep around, changing them out when I get a new one. No spending and I get to dream. I guess I treat my cookbooks the same way.

Back
Top Bottom