Pork roast - Greek rib style?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
So here are my parameters.

Must be out of the house by 250pm and with younger daughter at volleyball until arriving home around 545pm. Must leave the house again at 645pm for a meeting tonight.

Older daughter will arrive home at 330, and goes to work for 5pm.

I need to make something that she can eat before she leaves, and then the rest of us will eat together at 545.

I need some help refining this idea. I'm thinking of doing a pork roast (think its a boneless shoulder) with lemon and oregano a la greek ribs. What I can't decide is how and where to do it. Cut it up into chunks? Leave it whole? Do it in the crockpot? In a roaster in the oven? On a cookie sheet? With potatoes and onion? Without?

I think I'll serve it with some quinoa...although that might change if I do potatoes with it.

Help? Suggestions?

If you cut a serving size chunk, older daughter's will be ready before she heads to work. Her's will cook quicker, but still be nice and hot. And your's will be the same, just a bit later. Should be able to get it all in the oven at the same time, if you do the onions and potatoes.

Not too many folks on today. OK so I decided to chop up the pork into largish chunks, and put them on top of whole multiplier onions and quartered potatoes. I sprinkled the potatoes with lemon pepper and salt, then I doused the meat with lemon juice, tossed in a PILE of oregano and pepper and called it a dish. I'll let you know how it tastes later. Wish me luck!

Both shoulder and belly pork I slow roast on a trivet, 30 mins at max temp then 4 to 8 hrs on low depending on the weight, you get very crisp skin and meat that is so tender it falls apart. garden 2.jpg

Not too many folks on today. OK so I decided to chop up the pork into largish chunks, and put them on top of whole multiplier onions and quartered potatoes. I sprinkled the potatoes with lemon pepper and salt, then I doused the meat with lemon juice, tossed in a PILE of oregano and pepper and called it a dish. I'll let you know how it tastes later. Wish me luck!

Perfect! Cut into chunks makes life easier at the table when family and youngsters tuck in. Your dish being liberally sprinkled with lemon juice, oregano and pepper is mostly the traditional way we Kalymnians eat ours.

Lol, can't help but smile at your family's arrival/departure times. Over in Kalymnos it's known as GMT: Greek Maybe Time. ;)

Back
Top Bottom