From one lamb lover to another

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish

Assistant Cook
Have you heard of moussaka?? Im sure lots of ppl have but didn't want to come across arrogant...

Well if any one out there, sorry i mean on this forum ;) wouldn't mind helping me with cooking from scratch this totally superb dish i am all up for your recipes and suggestions...

Everyone on here (well that has replied to me so far) is really helpful and open to offer their recipes...I have taken many ideas already and made some uber yummy fish dishes, so now i am wanting to expand my (and my partners) home cooking experiences with lamb moussaka...It is gorgeous, please agree :)

Fish

I made moussaka for the first time last week. I didn't have any lamb, so I substituted ground beef for the ground lamb. It was yummy. I used a recipe from my Danish cooking site.

Moussaka recipe in Danish

And here is the recipe with Google translate:

Moussaka recipe translated into English.

Let me know if there is any of the translation that doesn't make sense. I can decipher it for you ;)

Rich mans Moussaka

I use a mixture of Aubergine and Courgette slices drained, brushed with olive oil and baked in a hot oven a little for the layers.
Meat, I use ground lamb or veal or a mixture, I fry with garlic cayenne,cumin, cinnamon, coriander, add tom puree to make the ragu.
I use feta and egg yolks in the bechamel, layer up and bake.
I then leave in the fridge for 24 hrs to settle, then re-heat and serve.

Poor mans Moussaka substitute potato slices for Aubergine and Courgette:)

Back
Top Bottom