11/2/10 What's For Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I'm planning to take the last zucchini and cooking it up with onion and garlic. I took out the last 3 Brats to thaw. Either I'll just cook them up with the zucchini or something. I've also got a nice big sweet potato, big enough to cut into 2 or 3 dinner size chunks. Sweet potato is easy to just nuke and eat with lots of butter.

What are you planning?:chef:

I have a funky work schedule today (I do tech support for elections in the midwest) but I have a 4 hour break from about 1 to 5... I think I'll just do a batch of chicken noodle soup with the leftover carcass & meat from the roast chicken from a couple weeks ago (I had stashed it in the freezer). I have some stock/broth already made so that should give it the boost it needs since 3 or 4 hours isn't too long. I bought frozen egg noodles this time so it's a little heartier. Luckily work is feeding me for dinner... it will be take out from somewhere... just not sure yet.

Right now I'm unsure. A neighbor's visiting mom was supposed to give me a class in Vietnamese spring rolls, but she got sick yesterday so I don't know if it is going to happen. Then on Thursday we're leaving for a road trip to Colorado, so I want to use up any perishables. So it will be either a spring roll based meal or something with a lot of green onions and romaine lettuce.

Hello everyone,

Beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Dinner tonight will be smothered pork chops, mashed potatoes, and sauteed peas and shallots.

Enjoy the day:chef:

Well, I am pretty much just feeding Dad tonight and it is a hockey game so it is something to eat in front of the TV (he had hot dogs last night). If I feel up to going to the store I might get some corned beef and rye bread and make him a nice sandwich with tomato and cucumber on the side.

As for me, food is not my friend right now as it sets off whatever is causing my pain. So I am sticking to protein drinks.

Tonight we're having lemon roasted chicken, wild rice & looking for something to do with asparagus.
I've been looking forward to roasted chicken for a couple days. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!!!!

All the mummy dogs posted this weekend for Halloween fare got me hungry for pigs in blankets. So I got the crescent rolls and smoked sausage. We'll have that with some baked beans and baked apples.

I'm still not sure what I am going to do with them yet, but I will be having chicken thighs. I will probably just spice them up and throw them in the oven. Baked potato and Cauliflower will most likely accompany them.

:)Barbara

I'm still not sure what I am going to do with them yet, but I will be having chicken thighs. I will probably just spice them up and throw them in the oven. Baked potato and Cauliflower will most likely accompany them.

My plans changed, and I was almost sorry they did! I decided to marinate the chicken for awhile in Mandarin sauce, then I will cook the chicken in it, adding onion and broccoli (or I may still go with cauliflower), then serve it with rice.

The reason I was almost sorry I had changed my plans was that I didn't realize that the freezer bag I had the chicken in had somehow gotten a little hole in it, until I poured the sauce in! I couldn't lay the bag down because it was wide open, I couldn't walk away from the counter with it dripping, and the nearest bowl was dirty. I ended up losing a little sauce from the hole and a little more from the top, but I finally got it into a fresh bag. So now I am looking forward to my changed dinner plans. :cool: I wish I had some mushrooms though!

I did cook up the zucchini with onion and browned the brats cut into chunks, then at the last minute I remembered an ad for Olive Garden (I think) with Italian sausages in a tomato sauce that looked so good, plus they used to sell canned zucchini with tomatoes that I always liked, so I added about a half can of diced stewed tomatoes to the mix at the last minute. It was wonderful.

I hope you all enjoyed your dinners too.

I made pasta, broccoli and cauliflower. Tossed it with evoo, pepper, and parm cheese. Had that and a salad.

Tonight we're having lemon roasted chicken, wild rice & looking for something to do with asparagus.
I've been looking forward to roasted chicken for a couple days. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!!!!
Roast the asparagus with some evooand garlic powder and add some parseman at the end it's so good.if you have some prosciutto wrap around the asparagus and then coat with parmesan enjoy
kadesma

we are having steak with garlic butter, baked potatoe, Peas and mushrooms rolls.
kadesma

It was a lovely warm, albeit windy, day in the neighbourhood here. We ended up BBQing burgers and having a big green salad to go with.

Laurie, try some cup a soup. It worked for me for a bit.

I guess it turned into BBQ Chicken Enchilada Chili:

1 lb or so of chicken breast cubes marinated in BBQ sauce, CI pan fried
1 15oz can of enchilada mild sauce (seemed really dark/brown than standard enchilada red)
1 can of Black Beans, drained
1 can of Corn (I thought it was reg corn .. but it was creamed corn)

Attachments

• DSC_4074.jpg
    DSC_4074.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 182
It was a lovely warm, albeit windy, day in the neighbourhood here. We ended up BBQing burgers and having a big green salad to go with.

Laurie, try some cup a soup. It worked for me for a bit.

:-p

It's not supposed to be warmer in Edmonton than in Montreal. 5C high here in the 'burbs of Montreal today.

Back
Top Bottom