Do they make their own packages?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julio

Senior Cook
Hello,

Whenever I watch a program on foodnetwork. I look at the products they use and from the packaging is nothing that I see at my local supermarket. I'm thinking that food network makes their own packaging.

Do you think they make their own packaging?

They do create dummy labels to hide the brand names of the products they use. No product names are shown unless they pay for the privilege.

Isn't that true of any show ?

Some shows just use the original container with a piece of tape over the name or just turn the container so the label is obscured.

Outside the Food Network, food placement is a big deal. If you're watching a big movie and see your favorite star drinking a Coke or driving a Ford, or using an Apple computer, it's no accident. Those companies paid for the display of their products.

On TV the new Hawaii Five O is an hour long commercial for Chevrolet. All the heroes and villains drive Chevy products. On NCIS, it's Dodge cars.

Even tho the names are covered, it is sometimes obvious especially if you are familiar with the product.

yeah, most of the time you can tell what the product still is...this is very true for super popular brands. Basically it comes from the fact that it would take a great deal of work and money in order to actually show the label in the show.

yeah, most of the time you can tell what the product still is...this is very true for super popular brands. Basically it comes from the fact that it would take a great deal of work and money in order to actually show the label in the show.

In Good Eats, Alton usually places puns or comical words over the labels of recognisable foods. I like this approach.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom