Predictions for 2011 restaurant trends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Disagree.

I would guess the new big thing will be reduced price restaurants and menus. More and more you see places offering "Two for $20" or $9.99 specials. Restaurants will have to scramble to get customers to fill their seats. Lower price meals will be very attractive in a depressed economy.

I agree with you Andy, your summation is pretty much what I think. And sure can't picture pie shops sprouting like toadstools all over America!

we already have some restaurants that sell pies. Marie callanders comes to mind. they are known for them. can't imagine a shop only for pies would do well. to easy to make your own.

That was an interesting article, but pie shops would become popular if the fare on offer looked appealing and smelt tempting, and the prices were carefully set to make the public want to buy.

In Chichester of West Sussex, a Cornish Pasty shop, a franchise, started up and became a roaring success for all the reasons I just gave.

The West Cornwall Pasty Company

Who knows if Cal's public trend might swing in the same favour?

That was an interesting article, but pie shops would become popular if the fare on offer looked appealing and smelt tempting, and the prices were carefully set to make the public want to buy.

In Chichester of West Sussex, a Cornish Pasty shop, a franchise, started up and became a roaring success for all the reasons I just gave.

The West Cornwall Pasty Company

Who knows if Cal's public trend might swing in the same favour?
LOL another illustration of two countries divided by a common language! If you say "pie shop" to almost anybody in the U.S. they'll think 'fruit' or 'sweet', not the UK connotation of pasties or any other meat pie. Pretty sure the article's author was writing about the former, as a successor to cupcake shops, another trend that lasted a nano-second or two.

LOL another illustration of two countries divided by a common language! If you say "pie shop" to almost anybody in the U.S. they'll think 'fruit' or 'sweet', not the UK connotation of pasties or any other meat pie. Pretty sure the article's author was writing about the former, as a successor to cupcake shops, another trend that lasted a nano-second or two.

Well, isn't it half the fun learning our differences between countries, cultures and way of life in this interesting forum? And then you have my country, and our ridiculous "wet cake shops". That's anything with cream; souflles, mousse, all piled sickly high and they can't sell enough of them.

On the other hand, cupcake shops are all the rage in the Netherlands..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom