Favorite baked potato toppings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sprout

Sous Chef
I'm hosting a baked potato bar next Sunday. I'm providing the potatoes and have others bringing the basics (sour cream, bacon bits, green onions, cheese, chili, broccoli, etc) but I would like to provide a couple less-usual toppings as well. Any suggestions? I don't have gads of money to spend on this, but if you have pricier suggestions, they'd still be fun to hear about. I'm sure shaved truffle and caviar would make a lovely addition, but they're just not in the budget, especially not for 15 people. :)

Consider scooping out the baked potatos from their shells, mixing in smoked haddock in a creamy sauce containing fresh chopped parsley and season with black pepper. Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins, topping the lot with grated cheese of your choice, then brown then under the grill.

I find spag bol ragu sauce very popular. It goes well as a topping for jacket spuds.

MY girls like horsseradish,fried crispy sage leaves,parsley fresh of course:)
diced and sautedd mushrooms,
kadesma

What a fun idea!

Crispy fried onions (like the ones used in a green bean casserole)
Blue Cheese crumbles

Enjoy your party!
:)

Sunflower seeds
Black Olives
Feta Cheese
1000 Island Dressing
Anchovy Fillets

Last edited:
Consider scooping out the baked potatos from their shells, mixing in smoked haddock in a creamy sauce containing fresh chopped parsley and season with black pepper. Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins, topping the lot with grated cheese of your choice, then brown then under the grill.

I probably won't be making this for the lot, but it's definitely on the list for future use!

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll now have plenty of topping choices!

Chorizo and Mexican cheese with a little cilantro.

Shrimp or crab newburg (fake crab o.k.)

Ham and hollandaise

Wilted spinach with some dried cranberries.

Back
Top Bottom