Pears and Prosciutto TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
we've all had prociutto and melon, here is a new take for me
fresh pears wrapped in prosciutto. The only caution don't warp to early the pears will get soft. Otherwise enjoy with a squeeze of either lemon or lime and enjoy
kades

I can't find good prosciutto around here. It is always labeled "Italian like" or some such thing. Have to find an Italian deli.

I can't find good prosciutto around here. It is always labeled "Italian like" or some such thing. Have to find an Italian deli.
Lynda, you could try another type ham. Speck, just plain boiled ham that has been fried in butter lightly salted and cooled might do the trick. I am going to look on line and see what I can find.
kades

One recipe I have tried called for the pears to be halved, peeled and blue cheese stuffed in the centre hole where it has been cored. Wrapped in Procciuto, cover, then bake in a bit of white wine...

Last edited:
Lynda, you could try another type ham. Speck, just plain boiled ham that has been fried in butter lightly salted and cooled might do the trick. I am going to look on line and see what I can find.
kades
We eat speck like prsut(prosciutto) with smokva(figs)and Pagski Sir (ewe milk cheese) I wrap monk fish in Prsut and fry, I use Prsut in Carbonara, I mince Prsut and add it to fresh goats milk cheese shape into cones, let it set in the fridge then dust with paprika and serve with strawberries dusted with black pepper.

I love strawberries and black pepper! Made it into a sorbet once and served it to my Dad, he went crazy for it.

I love strawberries and black pepper! Made it into a sorbet once and served it to my Dad, he went crazy for it.
That sounds great want to share? I make a bruscetta with fresh strawberris ive cut up and mixed with a small amount of sugar its so good and easy. we all love it i like to top min with a little chopped mint. yun
kades

That sounds great want to share? I make a bruscetta with fresh strawberris ive cut up and mixed with a small amount of sugar its so good and easy. we all love it i like to top min with a little chopped mint. yun
kades

2 pints of strawberries, trimmed washed and quartered
Sprinkled with about 2 tablespoons of sugar and chilled it.

I then mashed the strawberries after they had macerated in the sugar for half the day in the fridge. I did six cranks of the pepper mill and poured it into the ice cream machine (one of the one's where you freeze the bowl) and turned it into sorbet.

Dad replicated it when he went home and it was a hit.

2 pints of strawberries, trimmed washed and quartered
Sprinkled with about 2 tablespoons of sugar and chilled it.

I then mashed the strawberries after they had macerated in the sugar for half the day in the fridge. I did six cranks of the pepper mill and poured it into the ice cream machine (one of the one's where you freeze the bowl) and turned it into sorbet.

Dad replicated it when he went home and it was a hit.
Thanks it sounds so yummy.
kades

Back
Top Bottom