In Remembrance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Thank you to all the Veterans for keeping us safe and free.

Thank you, Dad and Jack. You are forever missed.

Attachments

• 10839_195238085662_177183000662_4251134_5008210_n.jpg
    10839_195238085662_177183000662_4251134_5008210_n.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 166
Thanks Uncle Rex, wish I had known you.
Thanks Uncle Don, you are missed by us all.
Thanks Dad for serving and being here to tell your stories
Thanks to all the veterans from every war.

Yo!! "Smokey" Tom...I miss you buddy, and think of you often.

18, Jan. 1947
9, Jan. 1967

KIA
Bien Hoa Province
South Vietnam

Last edited:
Thank you to all who serve and who have served. It can be so easy to take our freedoms for granted, and that should never happen. If it were not for those who bravely serve we would not have those freedoms.

Thank you to my nephew Justin D. Cochran who served in the U.S. Army, twice in Iraq. He lost his arm in a Humvee accident in Iraq, but thank God it was reattached and he is fine, although he had to leave the service. He loved serving, and he loved the men in his command.

:heart:Barbara

Bless you Uncle Haerb, Daddy, Dariaus, Eddie. with out those such as you i've know idea what life would be. You all are in our hearts each and every day.
love you
kades

My Grandfathers, my Great Uncle, my Uncles, my Dad, my B-I-L and My Shrek.

Thanks to all who have served and are serving.

thanks to all who serve and have served, especially those who've made the ultimate sacrifice, so that our nation shall not perish from the earth.

a special thanks to my dad, a medic in the 109th regiment of the 28th infantry division in world war 2, normandy; northern france; rhineland, ardennes, and central europe.

Sad

30 yrs ago, I was doing some research about a town in Wales called Merthyr Tydfil.
Outside the town on either side of a bleak hill road are two old cemeteries, one Jewish one Christian, one grave in each was very tidy and had some poppies in a vase.

The Christian grave was a young Canadian Pilot, the Jewish grave was a young British pilot. They had crashed into each other over the Welsh Mountains whilst they were in training, two days before the war in Europe finished.

The last Jew in Merthyr (deceased) tended the graves.

Lest we forget.

30 yrs ago, I was doing some research about a town in Wales called Merthyr Tydfil.
Outside the town on either side of a bleak hill road are two old cemeteries, one Jewish one Christian, one grave in each was very tidy and had some poppies in a vase.

The Christian grave was a young Canadian Pilot, the Jewish grave was a young British pilot. They had crashed into each other over the Welsh Mountains whilst they were in training, two days before the war in Europe finished.

The last Jew in Merthyr (deceased) tended the graves.

Lest we forget.

Thank you, Bolas for that story!

Back
Top Bottom