Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   11/19/10 Friday what's cooking today (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/11-19-10-friday-whats-cooking-today-68396.html)

Zhizara 11-19-2010 12:28 PM

11/19/10 Friday what's cooking today

I'm morphing my chicken soup today into baby limas, just to have the lovely smell wafting around all day. Baby limas are nice in that they don't need to be soaked. They do cook up fast, however, so I'll keep the heat on simmer to drag it out.

I have leftover pork slices in gravy and mashed potatoes. I'll either have it for lunch or dinner.

I found a package of small zucchini's while shopping yesterday. I wasn't going to get more squash this time, but they seemed firm, were small just like I like them and there were about 5 in the pack plus, it was only 60 cents.

I'll cook them partway in some garlic butter with sliced onion, and freeze in a bag or 2 to get a head start when I do want squash. I kind of had to get it too because the price of zucchini and yellow squash has been almost $2 a pound here so I'm making up my losses.:lol:

Andy M. 11-19-2010 12:31 PM

Mac and Cheese.

PrincessFiona60 11-19-2010 12:42 PM

I have a selection of soups to choose from...may try some cottage cheese today. Crackers in soup was a bust last night.

I may actually lose some weight, but I still want that steak! Have to learn to chew first...not as easy as it sounds.

joesfolk 11-19-2010 01:20 PM

I made a venison meatza and I have a butternut squash casserole in the oven. Got caramel sauce cooking on the stove as I am experimenting to decide what I want to give as gifts this year.

Barbara L 11-19-2010 01:21 PM

When James found out I was having chicken thighs in BBQ sauce the other day he said he would like to have that soon, so I am making that tonight. We will have baked potatoes and mashed pumpkin with a little butter.

:smile:Barbara

4meandthem 11-19-2010 03:00 PM

Mac-n-cheese here too.

GrillingFool 11-19-2010 03:03 PM

sushi and calamari and more sushi and poached fish and coconut shrimp and zucchini shrimp and more sushi and egg rolls and hot sour soup and more sushi and lo mein and bbq ribs and more sushi...

it's buffet night yummmmmmmm

babetoo 11-19-2010 03:13 PM

ended up with a lean cuisine - spaghetti last night. so once again , chicken, and artichoke. lets hope i am not to tired to deal with it.

LPBeier 11-19-2010 03:16 PM

It is just Dad and I and it is quite cold and wet outside so I am not sure what to have. Baked Mac and Cheese is actually sounding really good.

bethzaring 11-19-2010 03:21 PM

friends are here, they are outside target practicing, but I am in the house keeping the stove going and fixing dinner....creamed turkey over toast/buttered bread, cole slaw, mashed sweet potatoes with butter and maple syrup, and later, brownies and ice cream