11/21/10 Sunday What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Well, the snow has stopped but as usual much melted away and then it froze so we have a sea of ice all around. It is supposed to be freezing for the next few days.

I am putting on a big pot of corn chowder for lunch - may make some biscuits too.

I think tonight will be spaghetti with meatballs for Dad (I will pack the same for DH's dinner at work) and I will have marinara with mushrooms on my noodles.

What's cooking in your kitchen today?

No plans, really. Clean out the fridge day.

I have a batch of things to run to storage!

i am planning to make mushroom gratin. finally! gotta do before mushrooms go bad. maybe a piece of pan grilled fish . thought i would grate up a zucchini and sauté in butter and garlic . ice cream for dessert. or maybe i will make something. my bedroom is on the must do list, so will see if i have time.

The plan is: Salomon Cakes
Parsley Potatoes
Stewed Tomatoes
Spinach

We had a late lunch, and I haven't even taken anything out. I think we will have some of the hamburger vegetable soup from the freezer. Hmmm, I don't have time to "think," I'd better know by now! Yep, I'm taking the soup out of the freezer right now!

:)Barbara

The rice came out a bit to yellow/orange but it had a great flavor!! Not bad for my first try at saffron rice.

Pan fried pork loin chops (seasoned with garlic & onion powders, salt, peppercorns, thyme, rosemary and poultry seasoning) fried in grapeseed oil, pan gravy (made with flour, chicken broth, salt, ground peppercorns and drippings), saffron rice (jasmine rice, chicken broth, dry minced onion, garlic powder, saffron, Badia Amarillo Yellow Coloring, butter, sea salt & ground peppercorns) and steamed & buttered frozen mixed veggies.

img_940486_0_669cf5a2006558f6f5f69b609b73002b.jpg

After a big brunch of french toast, bacon and sausage, we just had left overs for dinner. I had lasagna and DH had the cheesy rice then we split the garlic bread.

Pork loin roast, outside done with cracked pepper and lemon zest, Wild rice medley done in some turkey/chicken broth (I made soup today too), peppers, onions, celery and peapods stirfried in EVOO then tossed with a bit of butter and some s&p. Finally, a great big HUGE green salad. It was very delicious!

i am planning to make mushroom gratin. finally! gotta do before mushrooms go bad. maybe a piece of pan grilled fish . thought i would grate up a zucchini and sauté in butter and garlic . ice cream for dessert. or maybe i will make something. my bedroom is on the must do list, so will see if i have time.

got the bedroom done. for some reason developed a tummy ache. so just had a bowl of honey nut cheerios. so far so good. maybe a little pudding later. decided i will make the mushroom gratin on thanksgiving. shrooms are in a sealed bag from store, so should be ok.:(

got the bedroom done. for some reason developed a tummy ache. so just had a bowl of honey nut cheerios. so far so good. maybe a little pudding later. decided i will make the mushroom gratin on thanksgiving. shrooms are in a sealed bag from store, so should be ok.:(
I suddenly got a really queasy stomach tonight, for no apparent reason. I hope you are feeling better! Thankfully mine didn't last too long.

:)Barbara

Is it a plastic bag, Babe? If so you might want to rewrap them in papertowels or transfer them to a paper bag.:)

The rice came out a bit to yellow/orange but it had a great flavor!! Not bad for my first try at saffron rice.

Pan fried pork loin chops (seasoned with garlic & onion powders, salt, peppercorns, thyme, rosemary and poultry seasoning) fried in grapeseed oil, pan gravy (made with flour, chicken broth, salt, ground peppercorns and drippings), saffron rice (jasmine rice, chicken broth, dry minced onion, garlic powder, saffron, Badia Amarillo Yellow Coloring, butter, sea salt & ground peppercorns) and steamed & buttered frozen mixed veggies.

I want to dive head first into that picture! Looks wonderful!:pig:

My DH made tomato sauce. He followed Alton Brown's recipe and instructions, but left out the sugar :)eek:) and sherry vinegar (we don't have any). Interesting, the flavours are a bit more intense. So I had that with pasta and meatballs.

Back
Top Bottom