Juice Cake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMediger

Head Chef
DH asked if I had ever heard of (or made) a "Juice Cake" ... when I did a search, it looks like a rum cake where you make the cake and pour orange juice with sugar over the cake to soak in.

Has anyone here ever made a "Juice Cake"? Any recipes to share?

Thank you in advance!

I make a lemon cake and then pour lemon juice and sugar over it and put it in a warm oven for another 5 minutes. Do you want that recipe?

I make a lemon cake and then pour lemon juice and sugar over it and put it in a warm oven for another 5 minutes. Do you want that recipe?

Just as a matter of coincidence, I've been looking for a very good cake recipe I can use for a fruit cake. I already know and have the fruit/nuts that I plan to use in the cake, but I'm looking for a really good cake - dense, but not a brick - able to accept rum or some other liquid without turning into mush - not necessarily a spice cake, but one with a nice flavor and able to hold its own against the rum or juice.

I appreciate any suggestions.

I think that would be a different cake than my lemon cake. I DO have a white cake that is nice and dense and moist. I'll dig out the recipe for you.

Just as a matter of coincidence, I've been looking for a very good cake recipe I can use for a fruit cake. I already know and have the fruit/nuts that I plan to use in the cake, but I'm looking for a really good cake - dense, but not a brick - able to accept rum or some other liquid without turning into mush - not necessarily a spice cake, but one with a nice flavor and able to hold its own against the rum or juice.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Selkie, how about this one?

Selkie, how about this one?

All I can say is, I'll give it a try! It does sound very good, just what I was looking for, and best of all, it's simple!! I like simple... (I know, I'm leaving myself open - ;))

Thank you, Alix. I appreciate your kindness!

My pleasure! Its nice and dense with a small crumb so I think it will work well for you. We used this as one layer of our wedding cake many moons ago.

Back
Top Bottom