11/26/10, Friday what's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I'm having Tamale Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy. What are you cooking today?

I don't have a clue! We had planned on going to our friends' for spaghetti, but James doesn't feel well. Ah! It just hit me! Hamburger vegetable soup--I'll get it out of the freezer right now.

:)Barbara

We're going out to supper at a creperie. It's a friend's birthday and her choice of venue. I hope the food is better than the last time I was there about 30 years ago. I checked the reviews and some people hated it and others loved it. No in between reviews. Wish me luck.

Left over pasta,priime ribe made into pasties,fruit,jello salad, rolls, chix soup for me to calm my tummy, torta,creamed spinach thats all i can remember
kades

Turkey & gravy, stuffed mushrooms, mashed sweet potato & acorn squash, sautéed mushrooms and salad (baby greens, almonds & shreds of turkey).
img_942132_0_d91a0043fbe2582cb5ceb27ba209b468.jpg

img_942132_1_07d74ae0e59d6f152f3fcad964e3d0ab.jpg

OK, PPO I give up and just gotta ask. How the heck do you grill beef tongue?? I've boiled beef tongue, and in fact, I like it very much. I admit I don't enjoy preparing it, but I get by it because I like it. Grilling it? Ykies, I just can't imagine grilling it unless you boil, skin it, and slice it first.
Please tell me you don't just slice a raw tongue and slap it on the barby !!:sick:

I'll be frying some sun dried beef sprinkled with seasoning. I'll be put a roasted garlic as a topping together with an Italian dressing. Great!!!

OK, PPO I give up and just gotta ask. How the heck do you grill beef tongue?? I've boiled beef tongue, and in fact, I like it very much. I admit I don't enjoy preparing it, but I get by it because I like it. Grilling it? Ykies, I just can't imagine grilling it unless you boil, skin it, and slice it first.
Please tell me you don't just slice a raw tongue and slap it on the barby !!:sick:

Kayelle, that about sums up what I did. I used a very sharp knife to take off the skin. (its a lot eaiser on a boiled one) Put it in the frezzer until firm sliced and let it thaw. Got the charcoal hibachi going real hot and threw it on. It was great but next time I will add some salt before cooking.

We had leftover boneless pork chops wrapped in bacon, baked sweet potatoes, and steamed cauliflower.

Kayelle, that about sums up what I did. I used a very sharp knife to take off the skin. (its a lot eaiser on a boiled one) Put it in the frezzer until firm sliced and let it thaw. Got the charcoal hibachi going real hot and threw it on. It was great but next time I will add some salt before cooking.

:huh: The mind picture I have is hysterical. :ROFLMAO: I gotta hand it to ya PPO, I could never do it myself, but I sure would like a sample from that beautiful plate. It must be tough as a boot, no?

:huh: The mind picture I have is hysterical. :ROFLMAO: I gotta hand it to ya PPO, I could never do it myself, but I sure would like a sample from that beautiful plate. It must be tough as a boot, no?

I can understand why someone would not want to do it but I grew up on a farm and hunting. It does require a sharp knife but its not to bad.

Actually it was not tough. It has a bit of chew but in a nice way its kind of fatty. The inside was medium with a sear from the hot grill on both sides. This was my first time but I will cook this again.

So, the meal at the creperie wasn't particularly good. My husband had some tortellini Gigi that was kind of ho hum and so was his leak soup. I had a buckwheat crepe with seafood. I had (too much) Swiss cheese instead of bechamel. The seafood was okay, but nothing to write home about and the crepe was dry. The salad was whole butter lettuce leaves! The salad dressing was wonderful. We had a ho hum house wine with that. The apple pie was okay. It was "French style" and very pretty. One of the other guests said it was good applesauce. :)

At least the service was good and friendly. At $70, tax and tip included it wasn't outrageous, but I can definitely eat out better for less.

So, the meal at the creperie wasn't particularly good. My husband had some tortellini Gigi that was kind of ho hum and so was his leak soup. I had a buckwheat crepe with seafood. I had (too much) Swiss cheese instead of bechamel. The seafood was okay, but nothing to write home about and the crepe was dry. The salad was whole butter lettuce leaves! The salad dressing was wonderful. We had a ho hum house wine with that. The apple pie was okay. It was "French style" and very pretty. One of the other guests said it was good applesauce. :)

At least the service was good and friendly. At $70, tax and tip included it wasn't outrageous, but I can definitely eat out better for less.

how many people was that price for? sounds kinda high for crepes.

Back
Top Bottom