Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just my Luck

Last week I bought a breville pie maker. I was SO excited. While I was a waiting for it come in the mail, I searched for different recipes and ideas. I was thrilled to find this site. Every night I read, started at the beginning, and couldn't wait to get caught up to date to join this cult/thread. And now that I am here, it seems as if everyone has left!:( Thank you for all the ideas. My pie maker arrived safely and I stole your pie crust recipe and it came out beautiful! (Very first pie crust I ever made) So, thank you for that! I had meatballs and sauce in the freezer, so I just put the bottom crust in and then cut the meatballs up in the sauce and added it inside the crust and topped it with some mozzarella and parmesan cheese. WOW, it was awesome! The only other thing I have made was blueberry pies, since I had some filling in the house. I am anxiously waiting to get to the store and pick up some more pie making ingredients! Thank you all again, I learned alot and enjoyed reading your posts..wish you all were still here. :wacko:
~Cyn

Last week I bought a breville pie maker. I was SO excited. While I was a waiting for it come in the mail, I searched for different recipes and ideas. I was thrilled to find this site. Every night I read, started at the beginning, and couldn't wait to get caught up to date to join this cult/thread. And now that I am here, it seems as if everyone has left!:( Thank you for all the ideas. My pie maker arrived safely and I stole your pie crust recipe and it came out beautiful! (Very first pie crust I ever made) So, thank you for that! I had meatballs and sauce in the freezer, so I just put the bottom crust in and then cut the meatballs up in the sauce and added it inside the crust and topped it with some mozzarella and parmesan cheese. WOW, it was awesome! The only other thing I have made was blueberry pies, since I had some filling in the house. I am anxiously waiting to get to the store and pick up some more pie making ingredients! Thank you all again, I learned alot and enjoyed reading your posts..wish you all were still here. :wacko:
~Cyn

We are still here and baking pies! Welcome to our cult! Love those pies and your meatball pie sound great! Lately we've just been having simple apple pies or hamburger pies, nothing really exciting.

I'm going to be making breakfast pies tomorrow with eggs and bacon.

Cherry pies for dessert tomorrow. Now if I can convince the kids the pies are adults only were set;)
Really I have the cookbook and can read it now so were off and running. Welcome Cyn jump in with any other ideas you have.
kades

We are still here cynful. There is so much you can do with your pie maker. Listen to the cult. They will not lead you atray. They may take you on a trip in the Mother Ship, but you will always return to earth. If you wake up and find a purple mark on your forehead, you will know that you took a trip in the Mother Ship. If those around you should ask what it is, just smile and don't give them an answer. The mark will fade and will only be able to be seen under an ultra light. Those of us who also have the mark, can see it after it fades. It tells us that you are a member. That mark will give you inspiration for all kinds of pie making. Welcome to The Cult!:chef:

~Cyn

Aww Cyn, sorry you felt the Cult has left the ship. Did you get that sick sinking feeling in your belly? I believe it's been parked at CW's house.. You have to share it CW.:ROFLMAO:
btw.. Little Missy how has yours been behavin? I've been waiting forever to find out how it's been going. You waited so long and patiently to get it. I'm Munky See today.

I told my family if your going to be on diets. Don't expect me to be in your fun. I tried Soy flour... Do we really need to discuss how that adventure went?:ohmy: It would have shamed the cult to no end.

I'm glad you've found us. Were all looking forward to hearing about your future adventures. Welcome aboard!
Happy to have you here.

Spring/ Summer is just around the corner. I think the Cults gearing up recipes for it. I'm looking forward to Peach season. Have some ideas floating around that I just might try out. So you see were still here recruiting. Having a good time doing it to!:chef:

Munky.

Cyn,
You may be new here, but effective. Although I have made pepperoni pies, I have yet to try meatball pies. Now I am thinking I need to make pepperoni and meatball pies. Wouldn't those be fantastic? I love my pie maker and am always happy when another friend climbs abroad the ship! Welcome. :)

The pie cult slowly crawls out of the woodwork...:ROFLMAO:

Egg and bacon pies this morning, with sliced green oinons and cheese. Yum!

PrincessFiona60 said:
The pie cult slowly crawls out of the woodwork...:ROFLMAO:

Egg and bacon pies this morning, with sliced green oinons and cheese. Yum!

That sounds great! What crust did you use?

Used crescent rolls, flattened. They were nice and crispy.

Tomorrow I'm doing an asparagus, roasted red pepper frittata in the pie maker.

The $49 sale did it for me. Still working out the details. This crust recipe works well and has a little less of the saturated fats than traditional crusts.

Makes enough for 8 tops and bottoms...barely

Lower-Fat Pie Crust
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients:

3 cups flour
6 tablespoons butter, cut up
4 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup water, ice cold

Directions:

1. Using metal blade, blend flour, butter, oil, baking poweder and salt in Cuisinart until crumbly.

2. Add water by dribbling and blend until ball forms. Is ok to not use it all.

The $49 sale did it for me. Still working out the details. This crust recipe works well and has a little less of the saturated fats than traditional crusts.

Makes enough for 8 tops and bottoms...barely

Lower-Fat Pie Crust
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients:

3 cups flour
6 tablespoons butter, cut up
4 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup water, ice cold

Directions:

1. Using metal blade, blend flour, butter, oil, baking poweder and salt in Cuisinart until crumbly.

2. Add water by dribbling and blend until ball forms. Is ok to not use it all.

I knew it, knewwww it! :LOL:
Had a feeling you were keeping in touch with this thread.

Welcome aboard. :chef:

Munky.

Thanks for the welcome and letting me climb aboard the ship, after all purple IS my favorite color! :LOL:
I want to try the egg pies that you all have made soooo bad! I make my own bread, and have to make it bigger now to accomidate the size of the cutter. That sounds so awesome!
I can't get to the store right now, due to recovering from back surgery, so I sent my husband out to get some fruit fillings. He came back with alot....and Dinty Moore Stew?? I hadn't had that since I was a kid and really thought it was gross, but he wanted it in a pie. SO, I made it last night and believe it or not..it was so yummy!! (and easy!) Just opened a can and dumped it in, using the regular pie crust that Munky gave that I love so much! I also made peach pies with the canned fruit he brought home. YUMMY! We have a peach tree and it looks like we will be getting alot of peaches this year, so peach it will be this summer. I will probably be sick of them by the end of the summer....
Do you guys have the pie lifter from WS? I just ordered it, I hope it's worth it.
I wonder if I could piece my bread together and it would form in the maker? Hmmmm...I'm craving it so bad! These pies are delicous and I am so glad that I got this baby. (and yes, I do wipe the fingerprints off it..lol)

Ah yes. Fingerprint wiping is essential. But you must also sing a soft lullaby when you are done with it for the day and closing the lid. :chef:

My Pie maker was taken over by Shrek. I have to apply ahead of time if I want to use it. I found frozen Asparagus spears in a steamable bag, I steam them first and allow to cool before using in this recipe. No crust!

My Asparagus Frittata
makes 4 pies

4 eggs
2 tsp fresh grated Parmesan
2 tbs fine diced onion
2 tbs fine diced roasted red pepper
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese

Pre-heat Pie Maker. Beat eggs, Parmesan, onion and red pepper together. Cut 8 asparagus spears to fit the pies. Pour in egg mixture, place asparagus in and close. Bake 6 minutes. Open and add Swiss cheese to each Pie, close and bake another 3-4 minutes until Swiss is melted.

My Pie maker was taken over by Shrek. I have to apply ahead of time if I want to use it. I found frozen Asparagus spears in a steamable bag, I steam them first and allow to cool before using in this recipe. No crust!

My Asparagus Frittata
makes 4 pies

4 eggs
2 tsp fresh grated Parmesan
2 tbs fine diced onion
2 tbs fine diced roasted red pepper
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese

Pre-heat Pie Maker. Beat eggs, Parmesan, onion and red pepper together. Cut 8 asparagus spears to fit the pies. Pour in egg mixture, place asparagus in and close. Bake 6 minutes. Open and add Swiss cheese to each Pie, close and bake another 3-4 minutes until Swiss is melted.
This is the first thing I'll be making--I've been waiting for the asparagus to come up...and, to move the pie maker back to the City since it is still packed....

Thanks for the welcome and letting me climb aboard the ship, after all purple IS my favorite color! :LOL:
I want to try the egg pies that you all have made soooo bad! I make my own bread, and have to make it bigger now to accomidate the size of the cutter. That sounds so awesome!
I can't get to the store right now, due to recovering from back surgery, so I sent my husband out to get some fruit fillings. He came back with alot....and Dinty Moore Stew?? I hadn't had that since I was a kid and really thought it was gross, but he wanted it in a pie. SO, I made it last night and believe it or not..it was so yummy!! (and easy!) Just opened a can and dumped it in, using the regular pie crust that Munky gave that I love so much! I also made peach pies with the canned fruit he brought home. YUMMY! We have a peach tree and it looks like we will be getting alot of peaches this year, so peach it will be this summer. I will probably be sick of them by the end of the summer....
Do you guys have the pie lifter from WS? I just ordered it, I hope it's worth it.
I wonder if I could piece my bread together and it would form in the maker? Hmmmm...I'm craving it so bad! These pies are delicous and I am so glad that I got this baby. (and yes, I do wipe the fingerprints off it..lol)
You said too many peaches, I know about that. Two suggestions: Brandied peaches and peach chutney.

Back
Top Bottom